I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Crighton Motorcycles-220HP rotary engine!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Crighton Motorcycles-220HP rotary engine!

Post by Firebolter »

Crighton Motorcycles has unveiled the CR700W, a track-only machine powered by a rotary engine that’s said to make 220 hp. That's kinda cool!

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorc ... -unveiled/

"We know we’re living in strange times when the ability to stroll into a dealership and ride out on a 200-hp-plus superbike is no longer a mere pipe dream. And even against that backdrop, the idea of a 690cc machine making 220 hp and weighing just 277 pounds sounds a little far-fetched."
"But that’s precisely what the Crighton CR700W is, thanks to a rotary engine that’s unique among modern motorcycles."
BLYJ3ANV35HFDFRJRSUO4YDMVQ.jpeg
Lots of cool bikes---
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Crighton Motorcycles-220HP rotary engine!

Post by Twist »

At $116,000 a very limited production I'm going to put this bike in the same category as the much ballyhoo'd Honda RC213VS. Still, what would it be like to ride a 277lb motorcycle laying down 220 HP and over 100 ft. lbs? I'm going to say without some pretty sophisticated electronic nannies it's going to be a very exciting e-ticket ride to a slab in the morgue.

Pretty cool concept though.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Crighton Motorcycles-220HP rotary engine!

Post by Firebolter »

the power to weight ratio is what I think is so awesome. I bet that thing will do a power wheelie in 3rd gear for a 1/4 mile!
Lots of cool bikes---