I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DVTR volunteers needed- PLEASE READ

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Laoch
DAMN Admin

DVTR volunteers needed- PLEASE READ

Post by Laoch »

Alright folks listen up- a little help is needed.

I'm sure most of you have heard of the Delaware Valley Trail Riders (DVTR). They, we, are the club who took over the Michaux DS and put on the Dirty Santa ride. DVTR is an official ECEA (East Coast Enduro Association) club. We also put on an ECEA enduro- Foggy Mountain, Tuscarora state forest in Blain PA. Putting on an enduro is manpower intensive. Pre riding and trail marking has already started. To run the enduro and Michaux takes dozens and dozens and dozens of volunteers.

Everything from day of event registration, riding sweep, running a check station (each station takes 3-4 people alone and last year the checks crews had to run from one station to another), to trail remediation the day after. Pre event is a lot of trail marking and clearing. Phil helped me pre-ride a section in Michaux on a weekday last July. Think of how many arrows you see during an enduro- that is a lot of work. I was running sweep alone for a section last year. A little help would have been nice

So, if you want to give back, help out, do a little extra riding (and hiking) then please consider joining DVTR and volunteering. They are a great bunch of folks from all over the east coast and all levels and types of riders.

The annual dues are $30. But- you get a discount code from Revzilla four times a year. You have the opportunity to ride Michaux 3-4 times for free- as long as you are volunteering the weekend. And you can do the same up in Tuscarora state forest. And other good stuff. Meg Braggs clinic/GPMX school.

Web site- https://www.dvtrailriders.org

Most jaw jacking, info and stuff is done on their Facebook page.

The club typically sends out an email asking for volunteers and what type- ie hiking or riding/ DS or enduro. Potential riders kind of need to be vetted to an extent. For obvious reasons. A rider versus C rider or DS rider, that kind of thing. There is a place for everybody who wants to help.

Any questions, please ask.

Bottom line- volunteers make all these events happen. And it's a lot of fun.
Bruce
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: DVTR volunteers needed- PLEASE READ

Post by Laoch »

Additional info

Join DVTR -
https://www.dvtrailriders.org/ click on "Join"

Volunteer Availability Sign-Up Form -
https://fs4.formsite.com/iXivFd/gi1pklk20a/index.html
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Nice plug Bruce. I have been a member for a few years but not as event active as I would like to be. This weekend is the first work weekend for the enduro. A plated bike is required if doing work that will involve riding but lots of ground work will be required also for all events. Sonny this has you and your plated 150 written all over it. Seems most work events are weekend / 2 day so could burn a day of vacation and make a 3 day weekend out of it.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Thanks Mike, I’m a member and spoke with Bruce about it last month about doing some volunteer work this upcoming riding season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Bruce, I have a weird schedule but I'm happy to help. Please keep me in mind for things. I've worked out a system for hauling my chainsaw on the rear of my dualsport and everything...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Bucho wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:46 pm Bruce, I have a weird schedule but I'm happy to help. Please keep me in mind for things. I've worked out a system for hauling my chainsaw on the rear of my dualsport and everything...
That is a necessity at times.

Thanks Phil and yes I remember talking to Sonny. I'll help to keep folks in the loop.
When you sign up and give an email and fill out the volunteer info, you get email notifications.
Bruce
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

FYI Michaux is Saturday June 18th and Foggy Enduro is Sunday July 31st.

Two major events so close together also has volunteer issues. Lots of weekends trail working in the early part of the year. :deal:
Bruce
Jtrobb
DAMN Expert

Post by Jtrobb »

JOINED.....
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Jtrobb wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:36 pmJOINED.....
Thx. :thumbup:
Bruce
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Joined! With my schedule, I'll help when I can.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.