I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Car Prices for the next couple of years

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Car Prices for the next couple of years

Post by Firebolter »

Car manufacturers are saying they expect the cost increases to continue or stay up some for atleast 2 more years while they figure out the semi conductor shortage issue. I bought a new car back in July and traded in my truck. I was blown away what I got for a 8 year old pickup with 110K miles on it, albeit in great condition. Used car average prices rose by 31% while new cars only rose 11%. I was way lucky. I found the car optioned the way I wanted it and got it in July before the Mercedes V8 announcement in Aug, so I paid no mark up. Now, in August, almost all remaining inventories of V8 MB's had 20K plus mark ups. MB is not the only one adding markups. Go search and read about the new vette. 50K markups! Alot of "desired" cars models/brands got marked up by all of the manufacturers.

Anyway, good time to sell/trade a used car if you have one, assuming you can find what you want to replace it.
Lots of cool bikes---
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Car Prices for the next couple of years

Post by gots_a_sol »

I read everybody saying I got offered xxx amount for my truck more than I paid but then what? If you need to replace it how much is that going to cost? I could see off loading something for a profit if it was a secondary vehicle you didn't really need I guess.

I sold my Excursion in the spring and picked up a 2015 F150 as a replacement. Ended up paying more for the F150 than I was hoping to but after going to 6 different dealers it was the closest thing to what I wanted and was actually available. I also got more for the Ex than I thought I would so it balanced out.

What I really wanted was a crew cab long bed but those are uncommon any more in a 1/2 ton crew. Was also hoping for blue. But other than that, it had everything else I wanted or is reasonably easy to change to what I want (deleting chrome mostly)

-Joe.

'22 YZ250FX
'09 Husky WR177
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

heck of a situation. You get a great deal on the trade-in but can't find the vehicle you want! :dirtdog:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

gots_a_sol wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:51 pm I read everybody saying I got offered xxx amount for my truck more than I paid but then what? If you need to replace it how much is that going to cost? I could see off loading something for a profit if it was a secondary vehicle you didn't really need I guess.

I sold my Excursion in the spring and picked up a 2015 F150 as a replacement. Ended up paying more for the F150 than I was hoping to but after going to 6 different dealers it was the closest thing to what I wanted and was actually available. I also got more for the Ex than I thought I would so it balanced out.

What I really wanted was a crew cab long bed but those are uncommon any more in a 1/2 ton crew. Was also hoping for blue. But other than that, it had everything else I wanted or is reasonably easy to change to what I want (deleting chrome mostly)

Nice truck. I bought a new F-150 in 2017 and I'm really loving it. It's the most comfortable long drive vehicle I think I've ever owned and pretty handy to have when needed. The saying is that once you own a pickup truck, you'll always own one. That's probably true for me.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:28 pm The saying is that once you own a pickup truck, you'll always own one. That's probably true for me.
Just wait till you own a VAN! You will never look back
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
KRKid
DAMN n00b

Post by KRKid »

Yup, everything is pretty crazy now. Just sold a 2020 Chevy 2500 crew cab long bed work truck w/27000 miles for $500 more than my out the door price when we bought it new. We did add weatherguard tool boxes (front and both sides) and a diesel tank and pump to the truck though.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Bucho wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:32 pm
Twist wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:28 pm The saying is that once you own a pickup truck, you'll always own one. That's probably true for me.
Just wait till you own a VAN! You will never look back
Well said VAN Brother.....
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Yeah, it's a bit crazy. I traded my Taco for 4k more than I owed. Dealer sold it for 2k more than I paid two years earlier. I traded it because I smoked the clutch a couple of times towing up hills :lol2:
So, that 4k bridged the gap when I bought the 4Runner. :shrug:
I think I came out even?
And, after many years of trucks I went back to an SUV.
It has 3rd row seats for all my grandkids :deal:
Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Ford is predicting very high demand for the Lightning F150 and doubling their production capacity over this winter. A really well optioned version will be between $80K - $100K. But then again, a new well optioned Lariat won't be far from that range either. It's getting awfully expensive up in here for new trucks.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Twist wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:58 pm Ford is predicting very high demand for the Lightning F150 and doubling their production capacity over this winter. A really well optioned version will be between $80K - $100K. But then again, a new well optioned Lariat won't be far from that range either. It's getting awfully expensive up in here for new trucks.
I read an article that FORD dealers are gonna ad BIG mark ups to the trucks once they hit show rooms.
Lots of cool bikes---