I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN Calendar

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

DAMN Calendar

Post by Rut Row »

The DAMN Calendar is gone. It was hosted with Google using the free workspace there. Now that they are charging, I cancelled all DAMN accounts with Google. It didn't appear to be maintained anyway. If y'all want to use one, let me know and we'll figure out a way to get one.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: DAMN Calendar

Post by smdub »

It seems like a good idea but so few ever seem to use them. I keep up the google event calendar on two other forums I'm on and I'm not sure anyone ever imports them. But I need stuff scheduled in my calendar anyway so I do it. The impromptu forum ride posts seem to work just as well here. Its not like we have monthly meetings or something to keep up with.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I actually did import the DAMN calendar. Then for events I was interested in, I would copy it over to my personal calendar so my wife could see it.

This thread reminded me I desperately need to put this year's events into my calendar before it's too late.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
oupa
DAMN n00b

Post by oupa »

Forget the fancy schmancy calendar thingy.

Make a list in WORD or Xcel or something and post that.
Update as necessary... or whenever you feel like it.
Doesn't everyone carry their own personal calendar (and everything else) around in their hip pocket today?
Let em type the applicable dates into that - with their thumbs no less. :dry:
Probably will anyway even after all your work making the calendar.
...the world is changing. I don't always like were it's heading. Sometimes it shows in my responses, so I usually try to shut up. :tape: :shrug:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

oupa wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:00 pm Doesn't everyone carry their own personal calendar (and everything else) around in their hip pocket today?
Let em type the applicable dates into that - with their thumbs no less. :dry:
The whole point of the DAMN google calendar was that it auto-imported all of the dates into everyone's personal calendar in their hip pocket. ;) From there, I would copy entries that I was personally interested in, into my own "motorcycles" calendar. Easy peasy.

But to your point, having the information in the first post of the/a DAMN Calendar thread would be easier than putting it into a Word document because then people can copy and paste it to whatever they want.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200