I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN Reunion 21 May at Mtn Ridge

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: DAMN Reunion 21 May at Mtn Ridge

Post by smdub »

How many sites do we need? Its $40/night/site w/o electricity reserved. I'm guessing thats the rate the lower primitive camping spots fall into.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Holy crap that place is getting pricey. I remember when primitive camping was $10, then $25 now it's $40. :screwy:
WTF? Daily riding fee when up too.
I used to drop a hundo for the whole weekend for two riders.
I get economics, insurance, overhead and stuff but they seem a bit high. And, I don't even really see a diffence with trail upgrades or new trails, etc. The ST is even getting wallowed out.

So, yeah we would need like 4, 5 or 6 people(?) to commit to a site and reserve.
I see the problem being with people having last minute schedule changes. I'm not even sure I can make it this year.

I suppose if some folks are 100% they can reserve spots and we can all gather for the festivities, even if we camp up with the heathens.
Bruce
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I'm in for at least two, possibly four people. Also, my buddies I've been trying to recruit to make to some DAMN events may be joining us. I'm not sure that the one could make it down to the lower sites, though, so if that's the case, they may all stay up top (I'll stay with the DAMN contingent).

I'm torn on where I like better. I do have a fondness for our usual spot, despite when idiots blaze down that road at high speed. But it's way, way less windy, which is nice. But up top, we had fast access to the "family friendly" trails.

No matter where we stay, if we want to make some reservations to lock in some sites, whether above or below, count me in for my contribution.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Laoch wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:00 pm Holy crap that place is getting pricey. I remember when primitive camping was $10, then $25 now it's $40. :screwy:
WTF? Daily riding fee when up too.
I used to drop a hundo for the whole weekend for two riders.
I get economics, insurance, overhead and stuff but they seem a bit high. And, I don't even really see a difference with trail upgrades or new trails, etc. The ST is even getting wallowed out.
FRO is 225 now, but that is for a YEAR!
Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Did we figure out where we are staying, yet? The tenting area like traditional, or the camper area like last year?

FWIW, my "MiniGP buddies" are going to be making it this year and at least one of them have a giant trailer that couldn't make it to the tent area. By this I mean there's no reason we couldn't do both areas, or we could just do one. Doesn't matter to me.

As I mentioned before, I'm willing to pitch in if we have to make reservations early to block off the areas down in the tent area or somewhere else.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Bump. Its this weekend! Wife, kiddo, and I should get there Fri evening.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I will miss this year. I'm committed to trail clearing/scouting at Michaux with DVTR. All was good until the DCNR changed the dates we were allowed in the forest. :shrug:
Bruce
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Looking forward to a Saturday ride, weather looks great. Stephen any idea what’s the cutoff on Friday evening arrivals? Scheduled to work that day but deciding to do the drive that evening instead of early morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I'm going to miss. A whole weekend of family related things got planned that couldn't be changed.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

aai wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:22 amLooking forward to a Saturday ride, weather looks great. Stephen any idea what’s the cutoff on Friday evening arrivals?
Weather looks hot. :P
There is no cutoff. Show up and find us - they don't lock a gate or anything. We'll post here where we are parked. You can go to the office the next morning when they open up and pay for everything.

If you've not been before, come in on Boone Rd off 160. GPS has routed us some weird ways before that don't actually connect. The southern entrance onto Boone has a Mountain Ridge sign and you also go under a large metal arch as you get onto the property. The north entrance of Boone Rd is all dirt and fairly bumpy but I don't think there is a gate blocking it. A friend has pulled his small trailer up that and said it was fairly ugly compared to the gravel south entrance. Edit: the map says the north entrance is blocked w/ a gate and is a dead-end. So come in from the south end.
Last edited by smdub on Tue May 17, 2022 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.