I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

AT&T dropping 3G service next week

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

AT&T dropping 3G service next week

Post by Firebolter »

Now you might say, so, my phone is 5G! Yeah, well your GM car isn't if you use features that need connectivity, like remote start etc. Other carriers are following suit soon. Making room for more bandwidth for 5G.

GM has said that its popular OnStar voice connected service will no longer function without an update for several vehicles made in model years 2015 through 2021 including Chevy, Cadillac, GMC and Buick.

A small amount of 2015 model year GM vehicles will require a hardware upgrade, while most cars and trucks can be fixed with an over-the-air software update to transition from 3G to a 4G wireless connection automatically.

You can see if your GM car will be impacted by the 3G shutdown by entering in your VIN for Chevy, GMC, Buick and Cadillac cars and trucks here at GM’s site.

Can also effect home alarm systems and other cell based services! So you better check out your stuff if it is cell based, chances are it will be effected.

The whole article is here:
https://cyberguy.com/tech-tips-tricks/m ... p-working/
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: AT&T dropping 3G service next week

Post by Rut Row »

As the great Bard used to say, That Doth Suck!

I was reading an article about digital eye implants that allowed blind people to see. The company folded and around 800 folks are hose and praying daily the implants don't fail.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris