I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Trailer woes

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Trailer woes

Post by Laoch »

I got an enclosed 5x8 a couple years ago. No issues until last December. I noticed grease on the inside on one of the wheels. Turns out the inner seal was leaking. Kind of odd. I think it's a dexter axel with the ez lube deals. I pulled everything apart and ran to TSC and picked up a complete hub, also ordered new seals. When replacing the hub it looked like the spindle at the rear was funky looking. Like a defect the would cause the seal to leak. Ran it a few times and grease still 'seeps" out new rear seal. So I'm thinking it is a defect on the spindle? But I carry all I need to replace everything and a grease gun, so fug it. Maybe a whole new axle in the future?

So...I needed a spare tire/wheel for both my trailers (6x10 open with same wheel/tire size). I got a couple and decided to swap the new ones on the trailer and keep the older ones as spares. I'm headed down the highway to Phil's this morning and right away there is a Godawful vibration from the passenger side, shaking the whole friggin' truck. Not good. :frustrated:
I guess the DAMN thing is out of round and not balanced? It's going as a spare. I may throw some balance beads in it later if I remember.

I put the old wheels back on and will head to Lowes later, I'm sure it will be fine. :shrug:

Seems like everything is junk these days.
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Trailer woes

Post by Boom Boom »

Thanks for the heads up, was thinking that 5x8 enclosed would be a sweet extra bike hauler for big trips and wanted to call dibs when you got a new itch.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr