I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Light Enduro Wanted, Maybe?

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Light Enduro Wanted, Maybe?

Post by Twist »

I'm starting to get some more serious interest in my WR250R and if it sells this spring I will definitely be in the market for a light enduro bike - something like a Beta Xtrainer, KTM 150, maybe something like a KTM 250/350EXC - maybe leaning toward FI 2T bike rather than a 4T. I may be looking for new but would definitely take a hard look at anything in great condition and well cared for. I'm posting up here to get advice on what I should be looking for and in case someone here knows of a good find. My intended use is chasing my daughter (and some of you younger flat bellies) around in the woods at places like Mountain Ridge, Boom Boom's farm, and Bucho's playground.

I didn't post my WR250R here, well, because frankly I was a little embarrassed about what I was asking for it. I think I've got it priced near the top of the market kinda sorta hoping it doesn't sell and I'll put another riding season on a great bike that's really well sorted. I'm getting interest from people that start with "wouldja take XXXX." Nope, very firm on the price and yet some potentially serious buyers are circling on it. With all that said, here's the bike I have for sale:

Annapolis MD
$6,200 w/o zumo XT shown

I've decided to let my well cared for WR250R move on to its 2nd owner. I bought the bike new in 2019 and have put 1030 mostly trail miles on it after setting it up as a well equipped ADV machine. I still have all original parts for it that were taken off with only 100 or so road miles on the bike so all those parts look new. Here's the list:

- 600 miles on Dunlop D606 rear, MT-21 front with TUBliss in both wheels.
- IMS 4.7 gal tank
- Doubletake Mirrors
- Barkbusters
- bar risers
- Ricochet skid plate
- Dirt Racks luggage racks.
- Seat Concepts low seat
- 50T rear sprocket/OEM 13T countershaft (great for crawling around)
- 12 o'clock labs speedo healer calibrated for gearing
- LED turn signals front and rear
- tail tidy
- rear rack
- switched relay power to the bars (phone/gps etc charging)

In the photos below, the bike has a new Touratech charging mount and zumo XT GPS on it. My plan is to sell the bike without those included but will let that go for list price on those items and I'll leave them on the bike.

Original sprockets, fairing parts and gas tank included. If you'd like for me to leave the zumo XT on the bike, add $450 for final price of $6,650.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Light Enduro Wanted, Maybe?

Post by Twist »

I took my 2fiddy out for a ride yesterday and fell in love with this bike again. What can I say except that absence makes the fond heart wonder - or something like that. I'm going to put another riding season on it and looking forward to some dual sport meet ups and places like Mountain Ridge reopening.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:19 pm I took my 2fiddy out for a ride yesterday and fell in love with this bike again. What can I say except that absence makes the fond heart wonder - or something like that. I'm going to put another riding season on it and looking forward to some dual sport meet ups and places like Mountain Ridge reopening.

Im enjoying my WR. We will have to do some 250 rides
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bucho wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:27 pm
Twist wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:19 pm I took my 2fiddy out for a ride yesterday and fell in love with this bike again. What can I say except that absence makes the fond heart wonder - or something like that. I'm going to put another riding season on it and looking forward to some dual sport meet ups and places like Mountain Ridge reopening.

Im enjoying my WR. We will have to do some 250 rides
Absolutely. It's killing me that places like Bald Eagle don't reopen the purple blaze tracks until Memorial Day weekend. We should definitely plan a June romp there. Our WR 2fiddy (fiddies?) are perfect for riding there.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Sounds like you already had the perfect tool for what you enjoy doing best.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Boom Boom wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:53 pm Sounds like you already had the perfect tool for what you enjoy doing best.
I do enjoy that best but I still like to challenge myself. But I guess as Dirty Harry says, "A man's got to know his limitations."
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:25 pm

I do enjoy that best but I still like to challenge myself. But I guess as Dirty Harry says, "A man's got to know his limitations."
"challenge"

Its often a really fine line between "this is hard/challenging but fun" and "I'm hating life and never want to do this again..."
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bucho wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:50 pm
Twist wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:25 pm

"challenge"

Its often a really fine line between "this is hard/challenging but fun" and "I'm hating life and never want to do this again..."
For me the difference is in how long it takes me to heal from the challenge :killingme: