I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

4/23, Emmitsburg Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

4/23, Emmitsburg Ride

Post by Bucho »

Sorry, to not give more advanced notice for this. I wasn't sure if I was going to have to work on Sat. It was a little up in the air for a bit.

Saturday ride at Emmitsburg. I'm happy to stay on the property all day. I still have 90% of that loop marked out from back in December.

Or I could be talked into a dualsport loop and heading over to the southern piece of Michaux. I'm cool w/ either. I just want to ride.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: 4/23, Emmitsburg Ride

Post by Twist »

I think I'm clear to join you Saturday morning. My wife hasn't been feeling well and barring a relapse I should be good to go. I'd love to do a dual sport ride similar to what we did with Bruce last year. But if you've got some folks wanting to spend the day doing the slow ride thing around your place, I'd be down for that as well and could easily load up the Sur Ron with the WR250R.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I'd still like to a ride some trails on the property. But Wes has spoken, so there will be a fun dualsport ride over to Michaux.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bucho wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:51 pm I'd still like to a ride some trails on the property. But Wes has spoken, so there will be a fun dualsport ride over to Michaux.
I'll load the Sur Ron up as well and happy to ride there as much as you like!
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

:thumbup:

I'm not sure if I can make it work this Saturday. Baseball and township clean up day :frustrated: Life happens.
Bruce
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

Sounds great, but I committed to riding Wicomico tomorrow with a couple friends. I’ll keep a lookout for your rides. I retired and can ride pretty much any day.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

John F wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:24 pm Sounds great, but I committed to riding Wicomico tomorrow with a couple friends. I’ll keep a lookout for your rides. I retired and can ride pretty much any day.
I'll be interested to hear how the conditions are at Wicomico. It's the closest place to me in Annapolis but the tracks are boring to my daughter and I felt the woods trail might be a bit too challenging for her - especially if it's really muddy down in the bottom.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

We had a nice ride. Did a decent loop up into Michaux, went about as far north as the big atv lot. Saw several groups on horseback. Every car we got stuck behind politely waved us by (on the dirt roads at least).

We even did a few easier trails at the Farm. Wes had to test his daughter’s KLX140G. Other than the rear brake being crazy high, it received high marks.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I heard from a friend that went down to Wicomico on his Sur Ron that the trail was in pretty decent shape with only a few muddy spots. He said he had a great time down there keeping up with the KTMs on his little e-bike.

I don't think I ever used the rear brake on the KLX until today - definitely going to adjust that. I think the lever might be bent. Great weather today and a fun time and thanks to Phil for leading a great ride.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I guess Phil and I were enjoying the ride so much we didn't take any photos. I did snap this one as I was leaving late in the afternoon. The beauty of this place always fills me up.