I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Riding Areas near Harford County

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
GE Rider
DAMN n00b

Riding Areas near Harford County

Post by GE Rider »

Hey all, looking for riding areas near Harford county that would be good for young learning riders. Got two kids (16 & 13) that have ridden in the past but are new to bikes with a clutch. Don’t want to just throw them on a MX track without some experience. Open areas and dual track would be ideal. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
beejaytee
aka Heather

Re: Riding Areas near Harford County

Post by beejaytee »

Anthracite outdoor is probably your closest spot. Many people from this group have been there so they could chime in as to if it’s good for newbies or not.

2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
GE Rider
DAMN n00b

Post by GE Rider »

Thanks, I’ll have to looking that.

RevMatch
DAMN n00b

Post by RevMatch »

GE Rider wrote:Thanks, I’ll have to looking that.

We ride FRO (aka anthracite, reading outdoors, Famous Reading Outdoors) there is A LOT of property even through they just closed off a large selection of really good riding for strip mining and they raised the price to $225/yr per person.

Good news is they're starting to crack down hard on people not paying and they're maintaining trails as best as they can and cutting new single track.

We've been going for 3 or 4 years and we're still finding new stuff. Pretty much every where you go there's a round about way on every trail. So if you have someone less experienced or you're exhausted you can still get around.

It's absolutely worth it IMO.

Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

AOAA would be a pretty good place for someone new to off-road riding. There's a long haul road if they just need practice with a manual transmission - flat, without any terrain or obstacles. There are also some pretty entertaining trails that are also pretty easy that go through the woods and up and down a power line with some easy hill climbs. They just charge a day rate with no membership required the last time I was there.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

RevMatch wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:52 pm
GE Rider wrote:Thanks, I’ll have to looking that.

We ride FRO (aka anthracite, reading outdoors, Famous Reading Outdoors) there is A LOT of property even through they just closed off a large selection of really good riding for strip mining and they raised the price to $225/yr per person.

Good news is they're starting to crack down hard on people not paying and they're maintaining trails as best as they can and cutting new single track.

We've been going for 3 or 4 years and we're still finding new stuff. Pretty much every where you go there's a round about way on every trail. So if you have someone less experienced or you're exhausted you can still get around.

It's absolutely worth it IMO.

We ride RAC/FRO about once a month. Used to hit Darkwater but they have screwed that up so bad it's pretty much Locust Gap all the time now. Although alot of the stuff is actually off property. We should hook up sometime and swap trail knowledge and ride together.

SJ