I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Glad to have a street legal bike

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
aai
DAMN Poohba

Glad to have a street legal bike

Post by aai »

Wanted to bump this up, so I’ve been riding to work for the past several weeks. One being testing the bike since it’s been at the dealer a couple times and two trying to salvage some of the honeymoon phase with the new bike. Actually this weeks been great due to the mild weather. This parallel twin is getting about 55mpg on 89 octane. Approx 50 miles round trip per day, tankful gets me thru the week. Not riding slow or fast, just the daily grind of getting to work. Regardless very happy with the fuel savings compared to my regular transportation. Pretty much pays for itself besides the smiles per miles from being on 2 wheels…
Anybody else riding to work? For the record the ktm 890 parallel twin is good for 55mpg Image
Prius status

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Glad to have a street legal bike

Post by Twist »

Work? What's that?

I keep the smaller top box on my GS so that it's ready for running errands and I can throw the panniers on it in about 5 minutes for hauling the groceries.

Actually, I think we're about to acquire another fun little run around bike for errands and such. We're goin up to PA on Saturday to pick up an XT250 to be my 17 yo daughter's ADV bike.

And besides, who needs a excuse to ride?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
frogman1981
DAMN Expert

Re: Glad to have a street legal bike

Post by frogman1981 »

55 mpg is fantastic, that's what my DRZeeee gets.