I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

I say he's the GOAT in off road-or will be

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

I say he's the GOAT in off road-or will be

Post by Firebolter »

I found this compilation video of Pol Tarres. It's 14 minute long and truly shows just how talented he is. Like the great GJ, he rides a dirt bike like a trials bike, but he does stuff that is just non-mortal. I like how on some of the tricks, you see the video being shot of him executing the trick, then they switch to his helmet cam for the same trick. watch the whole 14 minutes, it is killer-

Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: I say he's the GOAT in off road-or will be

Post by smdub »

Not a chance! FANTASTIC rider but other than some junior trials championships, has he won anything else? I love watching his stunts but I honestly think he picks the road less traveled as a publicity stunt / business. He is badass competing in Romaniacs on a bike he has ZERO chance to win on. But coud he be #1 (multiple times?) if he rode a competitive bike? So far it hasn't been the case. Not to put down his acomplishments! I think he is badass for being different. But if you look at it objectively he isn't even close to GOAT.

Senna wasn't the greatest F1 driver either. (Don't even get me started on Hamilton either.)

Edit: I equate him to Ken Block. Super talented driver that has won a few races but never the championship. But has turned that around into a hugely successful media blitz/company that is famous well outside the circles he originally competed in. Smart businessman!
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Championships does not equate to being a badass all around off road/trials rider. Events like Erzberg are a "if you finish, you are a winner event". Being 77 out of 500 on a bike with 100+ more pounds than anyone else? riding some of the others bikes for worn out riders through obstacles, then riding the 700 through it? In the words of the delaware dumbass, "come'on man!"

He can do things on a bike 99% of humans can not-that is the bar, not how many of this or that championships.

We can argue all day, but he is a beast and on a like bike, say 300 vs. 300, he will be up there in the top 5 every-time. And he'll take lines no one else sees or could. Stop hating on my Dirtbike boyfriend, he's awesome and you suck STEVE! :jack: :jack: :jack: :loveit: :loveit: :killingme:
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I watched the whole thing. Pretty amazing. Some of those big jumps look really scary.

I really some of the amazing precision where he is moving his front wheel around and placing it exactly where he needs to
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Firebolter wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:50 pm 300 vs. 300, he will be up there in the top 5 every-time.
Agreed, top 10 for sure. But you threw out the word GOAT. GOAT isn't top 5. GOAT is #1. Repeatedly. And in dominant fashion. GOAT is a *MUCH* higher bar than absolute badass.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

smdub wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:29 pm
Firebolter wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:50 pm 300 vs. 300, he will be up there in the top 5 every-time.
Agreed, top 10 for sure. But you threw out the word GOAT. GOAT isn't top 5. GOAT is #1. Repeatedly. And in dominant fashion. GOAT is a *MUCH* higher bar than absolute badass.
Nope, he's the GOAT, I've decided-this matter is resolved! :duel:
Lots of cool bikes---