I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MDOHVA is looking for Board Members

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Joker
DAMN Expert

MDOHVA is looking for Board Members

Post by Joker »

All,

MDOHVA is continuing to grow. Furthering relationships with legislators, local officials, and DNR. In order to meet these needs MDOHVA needs help from motivated individuals. Board meetings are quarterly online, and each member leaves with a small task list they commit to.

We are currently looking for volunteers to fill the roles of a secretary, social media manager, and a membership director. You are welcome to join a few meetings before formally committing to a role to make sure this works for everyone.

If you are feeling a calling to be the change you would like to see so that future generations can have more access to OHV recreation then we do, please email me @ president@mdohvalliance.org
Joker
DAMN Expert

Re: MDOHVA is looking for Board Members

Post by Joker »

Dang. Nearly 1,000 views but 0 interest.

That's kind of a bummer.
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

How does it get 1260 views in just one day? I saw your post this morning. We only have 400-some-odd registered users. Most aren't active. There never seems to be more than a dozen or two online at any one time. Crawlers/bots?
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

smdub wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:12 pm How does it get 1260 views in just one day? I saw your post this morning. We only have 400-some-odd registered users. Most aren't active. There never seems to be more than a dozen or two online at any one time. Crawlers/bots?
That plus many people just lurk.

I should add to the first post that Board members are not expected to help with fund raising unlike may other non-profits.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

OK, it's been a month and... *crickets*

Perhaps if there was a list of things, projects, ideas kicking around to give a better idea of how to move the ball for the MDOHVA? Then prospective volunteers might have a better idea of whether or not they can help. The other thing is that the focus seems to be all way out in extreme Western Maryland and it's a little hard to boot up an effort for a newbie for something that needs attention 4 hours away.

Even though I'm here in Annapolis, I probably don't personally know the folks at the DNR and State Legislature that need an interface but I'd be happy to tag along when those meetings are happening so that I'm not a stranger when needs be. Those offices are less than 5 miles away for me.

My daughter and I really loved the riding out at Wolf Den Run. There's definitely some things that could be done out there to make it a better place to go ride but would take some money and effort - which if I'm not mistaken, the State has in reserve for that purpose? It is really remote out there which probably means it will struggle to get more traffic. The reservation system is really simple but it is unusual. When I ride at parks in PA we just show up and pay our day fee and ride. I could see how that might be a hassle for someone that doesn't know how simple it is.

Anywho, just some thoughts.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I thought the got rid of the reservation system recently?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

phoo wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:48 pm I thought the got rid of the reservation system recently?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
It was still in place when we took our bikes our there in June and I haven't been back since so maybe?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain