I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

BDR X loop in PA

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
aai
DAMN Poohba

BDR X loop in PA

Post by aai »

this just popped up on email...looking forward to it
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: BDR X loop in PA

Post by Twist »

Yo beat me to it Sonny. I just got this in my email as well. I'm thinking maybe trying this out pretty soon after it's published.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

500+ mile loop.. gonna be awesome
I believe the Wyoming BDR-X was only 150 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

That's the guy that runs the Pine Barron 500 and other DS events that put this together, Jack O'Connor. He had a similar event last couple of years and they did almost 1500 miles total in 5 days last year and I am sure this is a subset of those rides. He used the same name for that event last year, PA Wilds-Good stuff and would be fun to do! I was supposed to do it but ended up cancelling.

Him and I were going back and forth and I sent him my GPS track for the 2 day ride we did in May out to western MD via PA forrest we went through. I should have all the GPS files for this somewhere as he sent me everything, but probably would be better to use what the BDR folks put up. Seems as he is not doing the PA Wild event this year so guess he just gave his routes to the BDR folks for everyone.

Looking at his calendar on his website, looks like he is only doing classes this year and maybe the Pine Barron500 in Oct
"Pine Barrens 500 is tentative for Oct 28, 29, & 30 2022"

You can read more here
http://www.pinebarrensadventures.com/20 ... ture-tour/
Lots of cool bikes---
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

All good info. Thanks Bill.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Bill, do you think this new BDR X 500 can be done feasibly in 3 days? Friday-Sunday..I know that’s pushing it. Counting the miles to get there and back is another 150 miles?
That’s 215 miles a day give or take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Yeah, I think you could do this Friday through Sunday, but it depends on where the route goes through. A lot of what Jack did was the north part of the state in addition to the southern part we usually ride in (Michaux/Tuscarora etc.). There is a ton of stuff up in the north and western part of the state and jack explored a lot of that last year around the same time we were riding out doing the DS event I had. They did 1500 miles in 5 days.

It will depend on what part of the state the route is in. If they use a lot of the northern stuff, then that will make it a little tougher to do in 3 days unless you don't mind slabbing up to the route early on Day 1 and ride ~150ish miles of the route on Day 1. If you jump on it at the southern most point (closest to us) and ride it from there and back.

Jack wanted to see my southern stuff, so I sent him my files and then he rode some of it during the 1500 mile exploring ride he did, but I do not know if he used or how much of the south part of the state he included in this BDR route. Will see as soon as it is posted! I knew he was doing this as he talked about it in email but I forgot about it until you posted this. I used to be a member of his group but COVID put a damper on events so I ended up cancelling and didn't ride the 2021 PA WIlds. He does a bunch of Big Bike DS schools and every event he does is big bike focused, so this route will be easy and fun for us I am sure. Between you, me, John, Wes, Wingfixer and alot of the other DAMN guys, we would have a bike from DAMN near every manufacturer!
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Would you guys camp or hotel it? That would be another consideration to how much time you would need. Maybe go up Thursday night and stay at a hotel close to the route and then start fresh on Friday and hotel along the way or throw up a hammock and camp/cook out etc.
Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

aai wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:04 am That’s 215 miles a day give or take.
I think that's doable. I think we were riding 150-200mi a day on the NEBDR and that wasnt pushing it at all. Lots of time spent in the evenings trying to find a spot to camp.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Firebolter wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:34 am Would you guys camp or hotel it? That would be another consideration to how much time you would need. Maybe go up Thursday night and stay at a hotel close to the route and then start fresh on Friday and hotel along the way or throw up a hammock and camp/cook out etc.
That’s a good idea also, ride up Thursday evening. Potentially make the Sunday an easier ride and ride home doing it that way.
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F