I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

BDR X loop in PA

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
John F
DAMN Expert

Re: BDR X loop in PA

Post by John F »

Got the same email. I’m in
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Given the 50:50 nature of BDRs in general I would think that 250 miles a day would be very likely as long as you weren't spending hours bird watching. Not sure where this goes but unless it hits some of the single track up near Marienville or in Bald Eagle (which is seasonal anyway) but a combination of forest roads and paved is easy to make time if you approach it that way.

The question is, do you want to hustle through it or smell the flowers?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

I’d like to get some pics and videos of the cool stuff if at all possible..
We should know more about the loop by the end of next week according to BDR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

So then, once the route is posted, let's setup a ride for this fall! Would be nice to close out a shifty year with great weekend event with the Boyz! Or whatever pro-noun you identify with- Dual Sporting has to be inclusive! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
Lots of cool bikes---
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Yeah that’s awesome they are releasing just in time for the keystone state foliage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Attachments
82C95663-8F80-48B1-AE31-D63CB110A209.jpeg
82C95663-8F80-48B1-AE31-D63CB110A209.jpeg (341.93 KiB) Viewed 3100 times
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Did anyone else catch this streaming broadcast of the PABDR-X last night? This looks like a pretty decent way to spend a few days in PA. The first leg of it (if you start where they did) is Section 8 of the MABDR so if you've ridden that it'll be a do over for the first ~112 miles. I might have to finally put those pannier racks on my 2fiddy to some use if I can find a place to leave my truck up there. Maybe the Seven Mountains Campground?

One thing I noticed about this loop is that it goes within 60 miles of Marienville and some really great single and dual track and forest roads in the Allegheny. I've camped at a place that is literally on one of the trail heads and roamed around in there for a couple of day a few years ago. It's just so far away for me to go there but if I'm going to be within an hour's ride of it that might also be worth adding a couple of days to the loop.

https://forestlodgecampground.com

This place has a nice big group camp site that would easily accommodate 6 - 8 tent campers.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I'd be down for a camping trip. Sling a hammock and sleep. Either go out to eat or buy food and cook some? either way, I'm good. For us being so close, this would be worth taking 4 days to drive up to the 5 o'clock point and ride either direction and then back home-if we do that, we could base out of MD if you wanted to truck up closer to the start point.
Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

https://ridebdr.com/pawilds/

They missed the obvious by not registering the url: ridebdrx.com
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

This is a nice route. Very customizable. I'm usually a stop and smell the roses rider. Lots of gravel and very back roads may slow you mileage per day.
I have a place in the north end of Michaux. Very usable for leaving trucks and or base camp. Free and safe. It is within a couple miles of the MABDR route.
Bruce
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

Just watched the video. Looks fun.