I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

BDR X loop in PA

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: BDR X loop in PA

Post by smdub »

I just watched the full video. I had to chuckle when the guy talked about his RE Himalayan as a "small bike". They look cool and all but are tanks! Its far from the lightest bike in that group. Maybe he meant to say "underpowered bikes".
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Looks like Milroy is the closest point to us. That is at the bottom of the hill on 322 in the 7MTN Dual Sport area. This is all the stuff up north and not what we usually ride, so that would be cool. I think I would carry the bike up, camp at Seven MTN Camp grounds and go from there. I bet we could rent 1 site and just leave our trucks and such there and go ride it -7MTN camp ground is just 5-7 miles up the road from Milroy. Not far from Poe Daddy SP too-

Nice write up on Jack and as I suspected, he gave them his PA Wilds route he made. North and west part of the state. They don't have the GPS file loaded yet.
https://ridebdr.com/pawilds/

Lots of cool bikes---
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

We've always split a cabin there at Seven Mountains so I'm not sure what the story is with tent spaces. I've seen people pop a tent open in the field in front of the cabins and not sure if there's other tent sites. I agree that this is the closest place for us folks south of the Mason Dixon line and hopefully they would be OK with leaving our vehicles there for a few days.

I was really excited to do this ride this week but my friend who was joining me went out and bought a new sporty bike (Z900RS) so we spent the week on twisty paved roads. Now my schedule is jammed until November for a 4 day get-away window. That might actually be a good time to do this if we got a decent weather week. I'd want to do it during the weekdays if possible if anyone things they might be able to sneak away in the month before Thanksgiving.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
aai
DAMN Poohba

BDR X loop in PA

Post by aai »

I really like that z900RS, even the cafe version looks comfortable enough to commute on. . Grew up staring at those KZ1000s driving by as a kid while peddling on my evil kneivel bicycle Image. just looked mean with those 4 pipes coming down the front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Twist wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:46 am I agree that this is the closest place for us folks south of the Mason Dixon line and hopefully they would be OK with leaving our vehicles there for a few days.
We could also rent a site or 2 at Poe Paddy State Park and base out of there as well. We camp the night before, then ride it, then camp the last night back at the trucks and head home. Or just slab up on the bikes and camp at 7MTN 1 night and head out. Are we talking camping along the route or hoteling it?
Lots of cool bikes---
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

I’d love to do this. I’m not much of a camper though. Sleeping in Sonny’s trailer next weekend at the Shenandoah 500 is about as much camping is I’ll have done in the past 50 years.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I downloaded the .gpx file just now.

https://ridebdr.com/download-tracks/
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Looks pretty cool. It has 5 "Expert" sections in it, set up within the in 4 sections (southeast part). The eastern side, as I walk along it, most average speeds are ~20-25 and higher, so you can make some time. The expert section are all on the east side of Milroy up through Poe Paddy and Brush MTN. Every now and then you'll find a few points where the speed slows drastically to 2 mph or so. Has Gas and other POI's-Pretty much the map echo's the file nicely.
Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Any interest in doing the PA BDRX in Nov?
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

smdub wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:47 pm Any interest in doing the PA BDRX in Nov?
Maybe, I've got a busy schedule but would love to spring free for the 4 days or so that it would take to ride this.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain