I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

BDR X loop in PA

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
heydek
DAMN n00b

Re: BDR X loop in PA

Post by heydek »

Twist wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:16 pm
smdub wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:47 pm Any interest in doing the PA BDRX in Nov?
Maybe, I've got a busy schedule but would love to spring free for the 4 days or so that it would take to ride this.
Depends a little on how many hours a day you feel comfortable riding but you don't necessarily need 4 days. I rode the loop last week in 2 days, including driving back to DC, and it was fine. Not much time for smelling the roses, true, but if you only have 2-3 days available I wouldn't let it stop me.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

heydek wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:42 pm
smdub wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:47 pm Any interest in doing the PA BDRX in Nov?
Maybe, I've got a busy schedule but would love to spring free for the 4 days or so that it would take to ride this.
Depends a little on how many hours a day you feel comfortable riding but you don't necessarily need 4 days. I rode the loop last week in 2 days, including driving back to DC, and it was fine. Not much time for smelling the roses, true, but if you only have 2-3 days available I wouldn't let it stop me.
Good to know Sonny. Thanks!
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
CalvinW
DAMN n00b

Post by CalvinW »

Twist wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:43 am
heydek wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:42 pm

Good to know Sonny. Thanks!
I could probably make it work this month anytime except for the week of Thanksgiving... I've ridden with a couple of you here and there, but most of the summer I was so busy I couldn't ride. It would be awesome to do a multi-day trip like this to make up for all I missed out on over the summer. Steven you're thinking camping all the way, yeah?
1998 DR350
1993 XR600
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

I could camp or spring for a hotel. Am not picky.
Wes, Sonny, JohnF you guys still interested? Anyone else? We need to pick a date / rain date and just do it.
I can't do Thursdays for the remainder of the year - have to teach a STEM class. Other than that, I can probably schedule around whatever.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

If it incorporates the weekend, I could possibly swing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

I’d like to, but November is tough for me. I’m out this weekend, 11/8-11/12, and 11/19-11/21, then Thanksgiving…so, have fun.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Not looking good for me either which is frustrating. I'd planned to ride this loop in September when my friend went off and bought a hooligan bike and wanted to go ride the twisties. I'm definitely going to get off with my daughter for a 1 - 2 day ride sometime this month but we can't spring free for more time than that.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

If the weather is good (warm and no rain) any day 11/14-11/18, I'd like to take off for a day ride on my faux-ADV bike. Maybe Michaux and ride the ridge road? Anybody know anything about Tabernacle Rd in Harford County? I've seen it mentioned a few times elsewhere
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

yeah, rest of the year is pretty flat for me. I am hoping to do a weekend trip in Dec, but that will be a dirtbike trip if we go.

Maybe we pick a weekend (Fri-Mon) and do this in the spring so folks can plan accordingly? A post winter DS ride like we did in 21 is always a fun time while it is cool before summer kicks in. we had 10ish guys for that ride.

I am fine with camping or hoteling-or a mix
Lots of cool bikes---
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Firebolter wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:31 am yeah, rest of the year is pretty flat for me. I am hoping to do a weekend trip in Dec, but that will be a dirtbike trip if we go.

Maybe we pick a weekend (Fri-Mon) and do this in the spring so folks can plan accordingly? A post winter DS ride like we did in 21 is always a fun time while it is cool before summer kicks in. we had 10ish guys for that ride.

I am fine with camping or hoteling-or a mix
That was a fun ride Bill. Hoping for one more nice ride with my daughter this year so teeing up the BDR-X for spring will get my attention.