I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Mountain Ridge 9/17 (Sat)

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Mountain Ridge 9/17 (Sat)

Post by smdub »

Three of my regular ride buddies are planning to go to Mountain Ridge on Sat 9/17 if anyone is interested in joining us.
I think the wife & kid are going too so there will be some beginner rides too.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Mountain Ridge 9/17 (Sat)

Post by Twist »

My daughter is getting back that that Friday night from an pretty big school outdoor trip where they'll have been camping and white water rafting for a few days. If she's got enough energy for it we might join you.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Unfortunately, I'm not available that weekend. But if anyone is interested in going to MR this coming Sunday, I'll be there with my boy doing the easier trails, though I'm hoping to get him out on the easier single track loop that starts past the office, near the roped off "beginner loop" next to the parking area.

Patrick

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

phoo wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:46 pm Unfortunately, I'm not available that weekend. But if anyone is interested in going to MR this coming Sunday, I'll be there with my boy doing the easier trails, though I'm hoping to get him out on the easier single track loop that starts past the office, near the roped off "beginner loop" next to the parking area.

Patrick

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We've done that little short loop there and it is deceptively tricky in spots - deep ruts on climbs and some deeper puddles the last time I rode it. My daughter loves Gunner Run and really liked Gentle Ben but for the long steep loose decent that had her repeated in my headset "Oh CRAP! OH CRAP!" LOL, but she rode it out and was proud of herself.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Have fun guys. Im back to working weekends then
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Twist wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:04 pm We've done that little short loop there and it is deceptively tricky in spots - deep ruts on climbs and some deeper puddles the last time I rode it. My daughter loves Gunner Run and really liked Gentle Ben but for the long steep loose decent that had her repeated in my headset "Oh CRAP! OH CRAP!" LOL, but she rode it out and was proud of herself.
Yeah, tbh, I strongly feel that they should have cut across that hill instead of having that long decent with the right angle turn at the bottom. It's an easy green trail, then all of a sudden they have that, which has caused issues for many people in the past. Hell, I think I failed to navigate the turn at the bottom before.

My boy did well that weekend. And he conquered that hill climb on Gentle Ben that goes up to where the "tree tunnel" is. Just tractored right up. It was awesome!

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200