I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MV ADV bike

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

MV ADV bike

Post by Firebolter »

"MV Agusta are set to stir things up in the booming adventure bike market with the Cagiva Elefant-inspired Lucky Explorer 9.5."

"And when you want to have some fun, the 9.5 delivers with a noticeable step in power at 7000rpm that rushes to the redline in traditional MV style and emits an exhaust note that should make it the finest-sounding adventure bike on the market."

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new ... o-footer-1

Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: MV ADV bike

Post by Rut Row »

485# dry. Ugh
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Rut Row wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:29 am485# dry. Ugh
Not everyone can be KTM. :duel:

Or just look at it as a lightweight Super Ten or GS?
Looks nice though.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

The KTM gives you options..
$300 spent you can shave off another 10lbs. The cat weighs 6lbs, so the guys are swapping it out with a $100 decat pipe which weighs around 1lb. The oem battery is nearly 8lbs and people are swapping them out for a LiPo battery like those $200 antigravity which weighs around 3lbs.
Personally $300 buys 10lbs of good steak
So I vote the latter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I dropped nearly 20 lbs off my wr250R. All it cost me was a personal trainer 3-4x a week for the last 7 months. Definitely not the least expensive way to do it.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

KTM has had their fair share of issues, gas tanks precariously positioned to get bashed. Footpegs mounts designed into the engine cases, that was brilliant-I am a KTM lover, but they have many issues as well. Seems to me, some of the older bikes, albeit heavier, are more bullet proof than alot of the newer bikes with all of the electric tom foolery!
Lots of cool bikes---
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

without a doubt Bill, I spent 6 months reading up the horror stories on the ktm adv bikes on advrider but yet still had to have one :lol2: It was either this 890R or the tiger 900 rally which was comparable in specs/weights etc plus Ive never owned a triumph yet. So what happens? My bike was in the shop for 7 weeks in the first 3 months of ownership due to you guessed it, the horror stories I was reading on adv rider :killingme: She's running as advertised now and really enjoy her :cheers:
Just sold my 501 to a friend of mine, he will be at Shenandoah to get his feet wet. Will be looking for a replacement, really want to wait for the T7 world raid for the reasons you've mentioned, simplicity and reliability...
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

In my humble opinion, the KTM 950's with the old CV carbs were the best "off road" BIG motors and bikes KTM made. I had a 2007 950 SE and once I got those CV carbs set up, that bike was a beast. Simple, no electronics to speak of and fun. You could change out the carbs and make more power but 100hp is more than enough for me off road! The newer bikes are nice and alot of the farkles they come with are sweet, but I find I never use most of them, and that is why I settled on the T7.

Like all bikes, T7's have some niggles but they are mostly maint related, like changing plugs-it's a bitch to get to them and doing a valve check is an all day affair, well for a guy like me anyway. The stock on/off throttle response is crappy, but once I got mine tuned-it is awesome. And of course I had to do the springs for my big ass and added a autoclutch. Now, it is the perfect bike for me-

I looked at KTM's, VSTROM's, and other bikes but simplicity and price kept me coming back to the T7. Plus I had the Desert Sled already, so didn't want another Duc and love my Sled. Honestly, I think I would be faster in the trees on my Ducati Desert Sled than my T7 as the ergo's are more old school dirtbike like and lower CG makes it easier to ride hard. You set a Duc Sled up with a 21/18 set up so you can use/have more options for better tires, that would be sweet. The new Desert X come that way, but they added a larger tank and made it more like most modern big ADV's- ad it is a water cooled motor vice the old school air/oil cooled like my Duc800.

Oh and the "World Raid" version is mostly Graphics and a different seat and some other farkles. T7 will not change much due to the impending Euro 5 crap. Not worth it to Yamaha to develop it too much as it is "Good Enough" now given the state of where ICE is headed. Yamaha's pricing will keep them selling for a while. Like I said, I love KTM's, always have since 1985 when I rode my first one in Oahu.

If you and me and John go on a ride, you can ride mine if you like to check it out-Or if you want to jet up to Annapolis, bring your helmet and you can take the T7 out for a couple of hours and ride the back roads south of Annapolis and get a real feel for it. No worries, just give me a call-

Lots of cool bikes---
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

The 990 Baja was my screen saver for the longest time when it first came out. I’d like to find a clean one and get it of my bucket list of owning one. The world raid from what I understand is that the tanks are lowered some. They make acerbis, safari and camel tanks for the T700 for more capacity. Big aftermarket for that bike which is why I’m also drawn to it. Guilty of enjoy modding bikes as much as riding them. When I bought my Duc, they didn’t have the desert sled back then so I bought the classic for the retro look. No doubt, Let’s set up some rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Attachments
01BB9F4A-F61D-4D9A-8C26-A7CB4B3FB4A3.jpeg
01BB9F4A-F61D-4D9A-8C26-A7CB4B3FB4A3.jpeg (108.63 KiB) Viewed 2145 times
F7A339E6-7853-43A4-B73A-18913BDE03E9.jpeg
F7A339E6-7853-43A4-B73A-18913BDE03E9.jpeg (170.13 KiB) Viewed 2145 times
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:24 am I dropped nearly 20 lbs off my wr250R. All it cost me was a personal trainer 3-4x a week for the last 7 months. Definitely not the least expensive way to do it.
Nice!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200