I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hey all:) Newbie here!

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Erin D
DAMN n00b

Hey all:) Newbie here!

Post by Erin D »

Hey guys :) Was referred by a couple of friends to this group so thanks for letting me join!

My name is Erin and my boyfriend's name is Rich. We live in Cascade MD, Rich has been riding for a while and has a KTM 300 xcw, Im a noob and have been riding for a little over two years, got my Beta xtrainer a year ago. We mainly do trail riding and single track. Farted around in a couple enduros the last few months and looking to try another in October. Im far from competitive, we just go and have fun on the struggle bus and hope to learn something along the way.

Also thanks to Mike Pool, got a Beta 125 trials bike recently. Plan to really drill on some skills and can figure out how to better cross larger logs and more efficiently deal with gnarly terrain. As with both bikes I have no idea what the heck Im doing but we are going to fake it til we make it :lol2:

Anywho, excited to be in with the cool kids :cheers: Its always nice to meet new local riders! Wheres everyone from?
Erin D
Dewey Blue- 2022 Beta XTrainer
Itty Bitty Beagie Beta- 2016 Beta Evo 125 2T trials

"Meh. Good Enough" ~Mediocrates
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Hey all:) Newbie here!

Post by Bucho »

Where is Cascade MD? Near Fort Ritchie, near the PA line?

Xtrainer is a great bike. Its great that you got your hands on a trials bike for some practice.

I do maybe one or two trials events a year. I like that its very chill. You are really just competing against yourself. And also pretty tough to hurt yourself (at least at low level where I am)
But mostly I just do trail riding stuff.

I host some offroad/trail rides up in northern Frederick Co near the PA line.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Erin D
DAMN n00b

Post by Erin D »

Heya yup:) We are right near Fort Ritchie on the mountain. And you have a xtrainer too, nice!

I did get that vibe from the trials folks we have met so far- very kind, patient and laid back.I dont think Ill ever compete but just from poking around on the bike and getting the feel of compression in relation to my body weight, I think I will learn a ton to hopefully transfer over to my big bike.

We normally go to Taskers, FRO, Hatfields and Mountain Ridge but are always looking for new adventures and riding buddies, Im really happy to be here. Seems like theres quite a few local folks.
Erin D

gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Welcome. Go team Beta! :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Welcome! I'm down in Silver Spring MD where there isn't anywhere to ride without an hr+ drive.

Careful w/ that Mike Pool guy! :killingme: He got me on a trials bike and it helped my enduro riding immensely. I really liked the TTC class but haven't been able to get back down there.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Erin D
DAMN n00b

Post by Erin D »

Hey Joe! And yes to the Betas- electronics may be linguini but can't beat their customer service!

And Stephen, he definitely is good at getting people hooked on the Trials bikes. Hes sent me some great videos to watch, there was supposed to be a Trials 101 day at his property this Sunday but unfortunately Mother Nature is saying otherwise- boo! So Ill still have no clue what Im doing, but even just bouncing around in the yard on the bike is a great workout for now :thumbup:

Yeesh Silver Springs what is your closest riding area to there? Thats really tucked away from the larger places I know of at least.
Erin D

Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

Erin D wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:26 pm Hey guys :) Was referred by a couple of friends to this group so thanks for letting me join!

My name is Erin and my boyfriend's name is Rich. We live in Cascade MD, Rich has been riding for a while and has a KTM 300 xcw, Im a noob and have been riding for a little over two years, got my Beta xtrainer a year ago. We mainly do trail riding and single track. Farted around in a couple enduros the last few months and looking to try another in October. Im far from competitive, we just go and have fun on the struggle bus and hope to learn something along the way.

Also thanks to Mike Pool, got a Beta 125 trials bike recently. Plan to really drill on some skills and can figure out how to better cross larger logs and more efficiently deal with gnarly terrain. As with both bikes I have no idea what the heck Im doing but we are going to fake it til we make it :lol2:

Anywho, excited to be in with the cool kids :cheers: Its always nice to meet new local riders! Wheres everyone from?
Welcome!

Check out the rides section. This old guy named Granville hosts some pretty epic rides. Next one is in 2 weeks if I am not mistaken.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

CORRECTION - Granville guy is a YOUNGSTER!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Erin D
DAMN n00b

Post by Erin D »

Joker wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:59 am
Erin D wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:26 pm Hey guys :) Was referred by a couple of friends to this group so thanks for letting me join!

Welcome!

Check out the rides section. This old guy named Granville hosts some pretty epic rides. Next one is in 2 weeks if I am not mistaken.
Thank you and awesome, I will definitely do that!
Erin D

smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

BigBird wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:00 am CORRECTION - Granville guy is a YOUNGSTER!
:killingme:
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee