I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

"Ride Out The Darkness" Memorial Ride for Bekah- 10/29 -FRO Burma

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Erin D
DAMN n00b

Re: "Ride Out The Darkness" Memorial Ride for Bekah- 10/29 -FRO Burma

Post by Erin D »

smdub wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:49 pm I'm going to try and make this. Had a GREAT time at FRO (first time) at last year's Dirty Santa Toy Run.
Sweet! And I havent had a chance to do Dirty Santa, hopefully this year though. Sounds like it will be at Locust Gap instead of Darkwater possibly, they bulldozed a large part of the single track loop there :\
Erin D
Dewey Blue- 2022 Beta XTrainer
Itty Bitty Beagie Beta- 2016 Beta Evo 125 2T trials

"Meh. Good Enough" ~Mediocrates
Erin D
DAMN n00b

Re:

Post by Erin D »

aai wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:53 am I’ll try to make this also. Had a blast on the green loop near the entrance Laoch pointed out to me. Hope I can remember it. Do we have to show up that Saturday? Or can we drive up Friday evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ohhhh is that Chappys section of Single track, with the orange paint blazes across the street from the parking lot? We found that Saturday and it was a really nice loop.

Im not sure on the camping situation, typically FRO does not allow camping but I am checking with Andy who is organizing the entire event and can let you know :)
Erin D

Erin D
DAMN n00b

Post by Erin D »

Boom Boom wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:06 am Erin thanks for posting here.
I signed up and stocked up on raffle tickets, ready to win all the cool SWAG items being offered by the cycling community.
So much positive energy in the Del Val group, such a shame to have lost a team member far to soon.
I think they will have a food truck available also.
I reached out to Steph of On The PEGS to see if she can work this event into her schedule to attend, take pictures and do a post on a topic many do not see as a real issue but it is.....come taking in a day of riding, make new friends and see old friends.
Have to dig out my DAMN jersey to be representing.
Awesome Mike thanks so much for all of the help :) The off road community is amazingly considerate and generous, I am just blown away with the response so far. Bekah's story resonates with so many people who have also lost loved ones to suicide.

How cool would that be for Steph to come out?? That would be fantastic and I hope she can make it! Will be great to see you again :D We are going to pop around on our little bikes again this afternoon!
Erin D

aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Erin D wrote:
aai wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:53 am I’ll try to make this also. Had a blast on the green loop near the entrance Laoch pointed out to me. Hope I can remember it. Do we have to show up that Saturday? Or can we drive up Friday evening

Ohhhh is that Chappys section of Single track, with the orange paint blazes across the street from the parking lot? We found that Saturday and it was a really nice loop.

Im not sure on the camping situation, typically FRO does not allow camping but I am checking with Andy who is organizing the entire event and can let you know :)
Definitely not single track lol. More like Jeep trails, goes along the coal mines mounds etc. Laoch would know, I enjoyed it though. A lil faster pace with just enough rocks and wash outs to keep it interesting. I don’t know what I said or did but single track does not like me.

Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re:

Post by Boom Boom »

aai wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:34 pm
Erin D wrote:

Definitely not single track lol. More like Jeep trails, goes along the coal mines mounds etc. Laoch would know, I enjoyed it though. A lil faster pace with just enough rocks and wash outs to keep it interesting. I don’t know what I said or did but single track does not like me.

Sonny stop bringing a tank to a knife fight. Knock the dust off your cheater Beta trials bike (cheater = has seat) and ride anything you want.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Erin D
DAMN n00b

Post by Erin D »

Erin D wrote:

Some of the single track did not like me Saturday either, I bit it pretty well on an angled log :lol2: Thats where Mike's trials skills are coming in to save me from myself!
Erin D

aai
DAMN Poohba

"Ride Out The Darkness" Memorial Ride for Bekah- 10/29 -FRO Burma

Post by aai »

I went maybe 1 mile on so called cheater bike on a ST and felt like I was riding for 2 hrs or something. not for me man, I like the cool breeze blowing thru my helmet when I ride. Somebody’s gotta do it Mike
Definitely bringing several bikes this time, had a blast at Dirty Santa

KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Erin D wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:15 pm
Erin D wrote:

Some of the single track did not like me Saturday either, I bit it pretty well on an angled log :lol2: Thats where Mike's trials skills are coming in to save me from myself!
If you guys get a chance, try to make one of Bucho's day rides. Not just the laid back ride but it also sits on very nice property. Not much else to say about Mike, I suppose I should be paying more attention :lol2: sorry Mike
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Erin D
DAMN n00b

Post by Erin D »

Heya we hope to :) I think they are pretty close to us in Cascade, MD?
Erin D

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Erin D wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:04 pm Heya we hope to :) I think they are pretty close to us in Cascade, MD?
If you can spare a couple hours, come over on Wed. Looks like it will just be John and I.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200