I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

"Ride Out The Darkness" Memorial Ride for Bekah- 10/29 -FRO Burma

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Erin D
DAMN n00b

Post by Erin D »

Hey guys,

Del Val Trail Riders and Black Rock Synthetics are working on putting together an event to honor our member Bekah Lehman, who we lost to suicide September 11th of this year. We volunteered at a check together at the Michaux enduro that day, she was radiant and happy, we had a great time. Within hours, she was gone from us. We want to honor her and raise awareness for mental health and suicide in the off roading community. We hope to have this as a yearly ride to shed light on an issue that impacts us all, but for this year all proceeds will go in a fund for Bekah's 14 year old daughter Alivia, she will be able to access when she is of college age.

Please join us for a great day of fun riding, good times and remembrance on October 29th at Famous Reading, Burma Lot. You do NOT need to be a member, so this is basically a $25 day pass. We also have awesome raffles, some really epic prizes- gear, clothing, tools, NHL and NFL tickets, handmade items, there will be arrowed loops of double track and single track, music, games, mental health and wellness resources, food and friends.

Preregistration, raffle tickets or donations can be done and more info can be found via this link: https://www.dvtrailriders.org/event-det ... kness-2022

We are also looking for more raffle prizes- an item, gift certificate, gift basket, we can work with anything :angel:

If you have any questions, or would like to help in any way, please let me know. If you cant attend and would still like to help, please share the info about the event on your social media. Thanks and hopefully we will see some of you there!
Erin D
Dewey Blue- 2022 Beta XTrainer
Itty Bitty Beagie Beta- 2016 Beta Evo 125 2T trials

"Meh. Good Enough" ~Mediocrates
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: "Ride Out The Darkness" Memorial Ride for Bekah- FRO Burma

Post by Bucho »

Is there a planned route? Or just ride around however you want?

I might take a day off for it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Erin D
DAMN n00b

Re: "Ride Out The Darkness" Memorial Ride for Bekah- 10/29 -FRO Burma

Post by Erin D »

Heya :) You can ride around however you would like, the organized riding part will be the marked loops since Famous Reading is so vast and not well marked. We were at Burma yesterday and stumbled across some really nice sections of single track but Ill be DAMNed if we could easily find it again! So the goal is all of these areas would be easy to find and well marked for the event. There may be some guided single track rides, not clear on that yet. But it would ultimately be a choose your own adventure for everyone :)

And at the very basic level its a $25 day pass for anyone who isn't a member of FRO, which is super cool since they don't do day passes anymore :thumbup:
Erin D

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Yes, I'm not a member. A $25 day pass sounds decent. Its a weekend I'm working but I'm going to try and make it happen
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

I'm going to try and make this. Had a GREAT time at FRO (first time) at last year's Dirty Santa Toy Run.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

I’ll try to make this also. Had a blast on the green loop near the entrance Laoch pointed out to me. Hope I can remember it. Do we have to show up that Saturday? Or can we drive up Friday evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Erin thanks for posting here.
I signed up and stocked up on raffle tickets, ready to win all the cool SWAG items being offered by the cycling community.
So much positive energy in the Del Val group, such a shame to have lost a team member far to soon.
I think they will have a food truck available also.
I reached out to Steph of On The PEGS to see if she can work this event into her schedule to attend, take pictures and do a post on a topic many do not see as a real issue but it is.....come taking in a day of riding, make new friends and see old friends.
Have to dig out my DAMN jersey to be representing.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re:

Post by Boom Boom »

aai wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:53 am I’ll try to make this also. Had a blast on the green loop near the entrance Laoch pointed out to me. Hope I can remember it. Do we have to show up that Saturday? Or can we drive up Friday evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sonny gates open saturday morning so assume no over night camping.
Register on line at link Erin shared.
You are welcome to set up camp at my place friday night if that helps with your drive....campfire and cold beer could be involved.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Will be good to see you :cheers:
registered!
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Erin D
DAMN n00b

Post by Erin D »

Bucho wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:20 pm Yes, I'm not a member. A $25 day pass sounds decent. Its a weekend I'm working but I'm going to try and make it happen
That would be awesome, hopefully will get a chance to meet you!
Erin D