I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New AWD Transit coming

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

New AWD Transit coming

Post by Firebolter »

Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: New AWD Transit coming

Post by Bucho »

Neat!

I like my promaster. But for getting up my steep driveway alone, Id consider an AWD van
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Already an AWD transit avail. So just a lifted version?
I too would prefer RWD/AWD but I've never been stuck w/ FWD (but darn close and I have traction boards just in case.) Ground clearance has never been an issue. The tall roof Transit is TALL! We rented one for work and they gave us the tall version. Didn't look so bad but then we parked it beside my Promaster. Holy cow the thing is a giant.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

There were some radical van builds at the Overland Expo this past weekend. They had one of these on display electric AWD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

A gullwing door van is just straight up a stupid idea. Couldn't open the door in a parking lot to put your groceries in the fridge.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
aai
DAMN Poohba

New AWD Transit coming

Post by aai »

Grocery store runs are typically loaded from the rear? :duel: I believe the gullwing doors backs up as cover under rain. Then again What do I know, I consider Tesla doing gull wing doors a stupid idea
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
aai
DAMN Poohba

New AWD Transit coming

Post by aai »

I like the Canoo’s version better.. still in the planning stages. These are micro sized vans, I’m assuming to get more smiles per miles, but definitely capable of towing or loading a bike on a rack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I like the Quigley GM van myself.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
aai
DAMN Poohba

New AWD Transit coming

Post by aai »

Yeah me too Ken. Had a 2000 E350 freezer box converted by Quigley back then, 7.3 diesel. Ujointoffroad out in NC does conversions also, but has blown up last couple years. Work is a year out. Happy to sell you the components though which is pretty cool.

https://www.ujointoffroad.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

smdub wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:59 pm The tall roof Transit is TALL
Yup, that is exactly why I went with the Mid Size. I can stand straight up, so having the extra room was not as attractive to me as the additional front/side wind sail effect of a taller van. The tall one is nice in that they do better for conversion with fold up/flip down bed options and such. I considered a fold down bed but it limits other things, so a cot and removable bike chocking system makes the perfect set up for me. I can have the complete interior to use for whatever within 2 minutes. perfect for when I want to carry kayaks.

When we were out west last year, I drove my Transit up a gnarly road to the top of a MTN where the trailhead was, in the dark no less. I had to go slow but it handled the rocks and stream crossings easily. It was dark and Mark and I missed the small sign nailed to a tree that said "no turn around-small rocky road"-it was a trip but gave me alot of confidence with the van and where I could take it! The rest of the guys stayed down at the bottom in a field (they saw the sign).
Lots of cool bikes---