I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

CliffHanger Trail-Moab

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

CliffHanger Trail-Moab

Post by Firebolter »

Ran across this video of Cory (owner of Camel ADV products) of him and some buddies riding this trail on T7's and 790's with 1 500. If I ever go back to Utah, definitely want to ride this bad boy! But it would be on my 500! This is an out and back trail so you have to ride it both ways-

Now this is ADV riding! We rode some stuff like that on Day 2 when we were there, but not quite that gnarly. Wingfixer, look familiar? Moab and footpegs!

Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: CliffHanger Trail-Moab

Post by Boom Boom »

I will hold your beer while you toss a big bike at that stuff..
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

That's pretty nuts!
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Now I really want to go back to Moab. That trail looks awesome!

But that is a Xtrainer trail. I can't imagine trying to do it on a big ADV bike...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Those are some big bikes!
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Boom Boom wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:23 pm I will hold your beer while you toss a big bike at that stuff..
No problem! That's what I was saying, on a T7 sized bike, that would be brutal but on the 5honey it would be much easier. We encountered some of those kinds of trails last year and there was one place where it took a couple of trys to clear a ledge/stair step we came upon, but mostly it is all pretty doable on 500 or <.

I really liked Moab, more than Colorado honestly. I like how open it is and it reminds me of the "Old West" movies I watched as a kid. You can literally see for miles while riding. Reminded me alot of Peach Valley in Colorado which is high mountain desert type terrain. I would go back to Moab in a minute Phil! There is so much we didn't ride, we could easily spend a week just there. It is only 6ish hours past Crested Butte!

Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Lots of cool bikes---
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Firebolter wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:14 am
Boom Boom wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:23 pm I will hold your beer while you toss a big bike at that stuff..
No problem! That's what I was saying, on a T7 sized bike, that would be brutal but on the 5honey it would be much easier. We encountered some of those kinds of trails last year and there was one place where it took a couple of trys to clear a ledge/stair step we came upon, but mostly it is all pretty doable on 500 or <.

I really liked Moab, more than Colorado honestly. I like how open it is and it reminds me of the "Old West" movies I watched as a kid. You can literally see for miles while riding. Reminded me alot of Peach Valley in Colorado which is high mountain desert type terrain. I would go back to Moab in a minute Phil! There is so much we didn't ride, we could easily spend a week just there. It is only 6ish hours past Crested Butte!

That thing looks so much smaller in the vid than it really is. And for the record, Bill was the only one who cleaned it unassisted. :bow:

Return trip in 2023?

SJ
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Return trip in 23? Hell Yeah!

I was looking at the AllTrails page and there is a plethora of trails that were above us where we camped, you could start at Poison Spider which was maybe 300 yards from where we camped? Maybe do 3-4 days of Moab then stop off at Peach Valley for a day or 2 on the way home? so many options out there! Looks like Cliff Hanger is near where we rode on our Cane Creek ride? Day 2 was the best day of the trip IMO, that trail you laid out was so much fun. I like all of Moab riding we did, so much fun there
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Firebolter wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:23 pm Return trip in 23? Hell Yeah!

I was looking at the AllTrails page and there is a plethora of trails that were above us where we camped, you could start at Poison Spider which was maybe 300 yards from where we camped? Maybe do 3-4 days of Moab then stop off at Peach Valley for a day or 2 on the way home? so many options out there! Looks like Cliff Hanger is near where we rode on our Cane Creek ride? Day 2 was the best day of the trip IMO, that trail you laid out was so much fun. I like all of Moab riding we did, so much fun there
I'm down for this trip. Last time Day 2 really was a pretty epic day of riding. CaneCreek was great, would love to do the same or similar type ride.

I'd also be down for a return to the Rainbow Trail on way home in CO.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200