I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN thumb

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

DAMN thumb

Post by Laoch »

Today

Last month

last month

This for the next month

Bruce
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: DAMN thumb

Post by Laoch »

Kinda difficult to ride with fu*ked up thumbs.

I had surgery last month and hope to be back on a bike by.....IDK March or April.

My arthritis was so bad I was beyond bone on bone. I was bone into bone :thumbup:
Everyday shit was painful.

Doc plucked out the bad bone and replaced it with a chunk of tendon from my forearm. Tied a few knots or something and all should be well in a few months. I'm doing therapy now twice a week until the end of the year.

I have been shit bored for the last month and a half.

Try doing everything you do with your left (or off hand) for a month. Fu*k me what a pain in the ass.
Bruce
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Laoch wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:29 pm Try doing everything you do with your left (or off hand) for a month.
:brows:
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

smdub wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:36 pm
Laoch wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:29 pm Try doing everything you do with your left (or off hand) for a month.
:brows:
:lol2: :lol2:
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

That is rough. Hang in there
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Laoch wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:29 pm Try doing everything you do with your left (or off hand) for a month. Fu*k me what a pain in the ass.
and do we want to know what you were doing with your left hand that caused the pain in the ass? :shrug: :killingme:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Rut Row wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:05 am
Laoch wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:29 pm Try doing everything you do with your left (or off hand) for a month. Fu*k me what a pain in the ass.
and do we want to know what you were doing with your left hand that caused the pain in the ass? :shrug: :killingme:
:killingme:
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Try being in 10th grade with 2 broken arms cast finger tips to arm pits. Very humbling school days.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

At least when I've broken my wrist/arm I had the good sense to do it on my off-hand. That's some pretty gnarly thing you've got going on there Bruce and hope you get a full recovery on it. How long before you can do any strength exercises on it?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

arthritis is a bummer as we age. My left knee will just out of the blue get sore and feel "tight" for 2-3 days then it subsides and I am good to go. But the dupuytren's contracture I am developing in my left hand can be a real challenge at times! Out of the blue my fingers will do their own thing and I have to stretch them out. It is weird when it comes on when I am riding as my fingers will involuntarily wrap around the bars! But atleast it is not painful

Hang in there Bruce, you'll be GOOD TO GO BY SPRING!
Lots of cool bikes---