I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New ride

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

New ride

Post by Rut Row »

No, not 2-wheels. My knee is shot. So I bought this 2003 TJ Rubicon. Got lucky as it is one of 212 made in the Inca Gold. Maryland is such a Richard about the safety inspection. I had to remove the lights on the A pillars and the bumper hoop, then add wider fender flairs.

She needs some TLC but otherwise is quite solid with just surface rust on the frame. I'm sure I'll be seeking advice from those of you who do body work when I get around to the rusty fenders and the one bad spot on the left rear corner.
20221129_103527.jpg
20221129_103527.jpg (3.38 MiB) Viewed 2565 times
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: New ride

Post by BigBird »

WOW!!!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

That looks fun!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Nice dual sport you got there Ken!
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Nice! Always cool to snag a rare color :thumbup:

There is a house up the road from me with a mildly lifted TJ in the yard. Apparently it sheared all the wheels studs off on the pass. rear side and has been propped up on a jackstand for almost a year now. I kind of want to stop and see what the deal is but I keep telling myself I already have enough projects :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

gots_a_sol wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:06 pm There is a house up the road from me with a mildly lifted TJ in the yard. Apparently it sheared all the wheels studs off on the pass. rear side and has been propped up on a jackstand for almost a year now. I kind of want to stop and see what the deal is but I keep telling myself I already have enough projects :lol2:
good cuz your are the first on my list for technical assistance when I start body work! :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

A buddy had a jeep with rust in the fenders just like that. Best bet is to just replace them unfortunately. Pretty easy to replace on the jeeps.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

nice find Ken :cheers: tough enough to find a clean TJ. A Rubicon is the icing. Last of the real jeeps with the straight 6. Mopar is actually coming out with a straight 6 again but TT dubbed the Hurricane to replace the 5.7 hemi. Should be showing up on Grand Wagoneers first then trickle down to the Wranglers. Crate engines were revealed at SEMA..
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Nice ride. I love my TJ. I have a 2003. The TJ is the last real Jeep. Rubicon is extra nice.

Buy replacement fenders. Anything and everything you need for it is out there and already been done.
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

gots_a_sol wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:39 am A buddy had a jeep with rust in the fenders just like that. Best bet is to just replace them unfortunately. Pretty easy to replace on the jeeps.
agree. However the rear corner might be repairable.
Ken