I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Just how cold is it?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Just how cold is it?

Post by Rut Row »

How cold is it at your place this morning?

Just north of Keedysville, MD it is 3 degrees at 0530 with wind chill to -6 :dirtdog:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
aai
DAMN Poohba

Re: Just hoiw cold is it?

Post by aai »

6degrees and sitting in front of Ace to open up and banking they have my filter in stock.. heating decided to go out last night, but fireplace/insert in full force right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Just hoiw cold is it?

Post by Bucho »

Pretty freakin cold. Was about 5 degrees at our place. We have been burning a cheery fire since yesterday. The dogs like to lay near it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Just how cold is it?

Post by Twist »

Mele Kalikimaka from sunny Maui (mid-70s here)

Looks like we're going to miss this whole arctic blast coming home on NYE.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Twist wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:27 pm Mele Kalikimaka from sunny Maui (mid-70s here)

I'm thinking a "you suck" is appropriate :dry: :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Rut Row wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:58 am [quote=Twist post_id=73915 time=<a href="tel:1672025230">1672025230</a> user_id=1101]
Mele Kalikimaka from sunny Maui (mid-70s here)

[/quote]

:lol2: :lol2:

Nice Twist. :thumbup:
Every year I try to talk my wifey into traveling, but family, grandkids, etc. :deal:
I lived many years down south and I kinda miss it. DAMN.

Yeah- the best thing about winter and cold weather here is that I don't have to go to work very often and then only if I want to.
Four degrees the other day. Don't worry; 60 degrees by New Years day.
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Laoch wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:54 am Don't worry -60's by New Years day.
-60?! :censored:

Worst I ever had it was in 1973 on the flightline at Loring AFB, ME. Got called out to the alert pad for a busted launcher. At -30 they took the dogs away from the cops because it was cruel and dangerous for them. They didn't bring the maintenance pukes in until it hit -40. Cops were still there (in trucks though).
Ken
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Rut Row wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:39 am

Worst I ever had it was in 1973 on the flightline at Loring AFB, ME. Got called out to the alert pad for a busted launcher. At -30 they took the dogs away from the cops because it was cruel and dangerous for them. They didn't bring the maintenance pukes in until it hit -40. Cops were still there (in trucks though).
EDIT--my bad-- +60 degrees by next weekend. :lol2:
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Rut Row wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:39 am

That sounds terrible. Im assuming no trees to stop the wind?

I remember one night at work when I was a rookie. There was a shooting and someone had to stand outside and guard this evidence. It was too far from the road to sit in your car.
While it wasnt crazy cold, it was colder than I realized it was going to be. I was not dressed for it. I didnt even have a hat. Brutal after 2+ hours
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Rut Row wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:58 am
Yeah, I was fishing for that comment. :killingme:

We actually don't like to travel during the holidays and really enjoy being with family and friends at home. This year a friend gave us his condo for 2 weeks in Kihei Maui and just couldn't pass that up. Turns out, it was a good time to not be home.

I've been renting dirt bikes here in the past but this time it's not happening. There's some great places to ride here up in the West Maui mountains bombing through the cane fields and Cook pine forests and the twisty roads are amazing.

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain