I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2023 DAMN Reunion May 5-7 at Barton.

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

2023 DAMN Reunion May 5-7 at Barton.

Post by Laoch »

So......last year was a bust. Are we done with the "official" DAMN reunions? :shrug:

My recollection is that we started this nonsense maybe in 2006? It was at Greenridge State forest. We always had high numbers and good times. We would ride the loop, do DS rides through the forest. Even rode some crazy railroad trails from Paw Paw to Hancock. Guys would ride and camp. Yeah, good times were had.

We moved on to Mt Ridge and it became more of an off -road deal and family stuff. I think MR is a great place to ride and camp. Lots of folks some years.
Lately the numbers have been dwindling. Of course life changes for everybody- kids, grandkids, arthritis, muscle cars, etc.

We started off doing this in late April. Usually great spring weather. The dates moved because of MR opening dates.

Are we done?
Change of venue?
Change dates?
Change it to an adventure /DS ride event?

Let's hear from the peeps.

Either way somebody else will have to be the Head Cat Herder.

UPDATE*********

Thanks to the generosity of Mr Granville a location is available that will meet all the requirements for a great weekend.
Big thanks to Jim!

Now y'all need to pick a date.
The options are:

4/14-4/16
5/5-5/7
6/2-6/4
6/23-6/25

Post up your preferences. I should do a poll but I'm lazy

UPDATE AGAIN*******May 5-7 at Barton
Bruce
beejaytee
aka Heather

Re: 2023 DAMN Reunion ??

Post by beejaytee »

My vote is for an adventure ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

I think its fun to get the kid & wife out but as long as there is camping and food I'm in.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

tbh, I use this as an opportunity to get both kids (one on a quad) out doing family riding. I'm not opposed to a different format and/or venue, though. I think the challenge is that for most of us, Mtn Ridge is another hour past Green Ridge SF. Doesn't bother me, but going from 1.5h to 2.5h (or more) does weigh on some people.

Whatever we end up doing, I'll do my best to attend. It may end up being just me, anyway, because both kids are getting super busy on Saturdays with school activities.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Laoch wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:41 am So......last year was a bust. Are we done with the "official" DAMN reunions? :shrug:

My recollection is that we started this nonsense maybe in 2006? It was at Greenridge State forest. We always had high numbers and good times. We would ride the loop, do DS rides through the forest. Even rode some crazy railroad trails from Paw Paw to Hancock. Guys would ride and camp. Yeah, good times were had.

We moved on to Mt Ridge and it became more of an off -road deal and family stuff. I think MR is a great place to ride and camp. Lots of folks some years.
Lately the numbers have been dwindling. Of course life changes for everybody- kids, grandkids, arthritis, muscle cars, etc.

We started off doing this in late April. Usually great spring weather. The dates moved because of MR opening dates.

Are we done?
Change of venue?
Change dates?
Change it to an adventure /DS ride event?

Let's hear from the peeps.

Either way somebody else will have to be the Head Cat Herder.
That's a good try but I believe the rules say you brought it up so that makes you the volunteer :duel: :shrug:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

:lol2: Then it’s doomed to fail.
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Always looked like a good time but was always an event conflict for me.
Seems to me that Granville has the perfect gathering location as lots of dual sport roads local, open areas for kids and fun single track for others.
Just my $.02
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:52 am Always looked like a good time but was always an event conflict for me.
Seems to me that Granville has the perfect gathering location as lots of dual sport roads local, open areas for kids and fun single track for others.
Just my $.02
Here's your chance to make sure it is on a date you can attend! :deal:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

Boom Boom wrote:Always looked like a good time but was always an event conflict for me.
Just my $.02
I liked this idea as well. I miss that spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Rut Row wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:36 am
Boom Boom wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:52 am Always looked like a good time but was always an event conflict for me.
Just my $.02
Here's your chance to make sure it is on a date you can attend! :deal:
All my "must attend" events are already on the schedule so lets hope Bruce coordinates an open weekend for me.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr