I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2023 DAMN Reunion May 5-7 at Barton.

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: 2023 DAMN Reunion ??

Post by Wingfixer »

Rut Row wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:55 am
Laoch wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:35 am Over 9000 views and only five guys replying. I'm ready to deem the "Official DAMN Reunion" a thing of the past. :deal:

Just ride :roost: :whoop: :whoop: :roost: :roost: :whoop:
over 11K views now - what is so interesting about this? :shrug:
Lots'o bots? :shrug:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:47 am
Laoch wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:48 pm
Wingfixer wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:23 pm

Thanks for stepping up again Bruce! I vote we camp at your secret location and ride Michaux!

OK.... and maybe a trip to Phil's spot for a bit of fun?
Sounds like a plan to me!
I'd swing by in the Jeep to choke down a beer :cheers:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Rut Row wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:15 pm
Wingfixer wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:47 am
Laoch wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:48 pm

OK.... and maybe a trip to Phil's spot for a bit of fun?
Sounds like a plan to me!
I'd swing by in the Jeep to choke down a beer :cheers:
:freakey:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Loosescrew
DAMN Expert

Post by Loosescrew »

Sorry to hear the reunion won't be at Mountain Ridge anymore but hey times change... I know some guys still come up here and there I want to make sure everyone knows they're welcome anytime and there's five new miles of single track so far for 2023. If it's at grandville's I could hopefully make it down for a day.
CBR 1000RR
YZ450F supermoto
13 yz 250
21 yzx 250
98 CR 500
Piranha 190 pit bike
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Loosescrew wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:18 pm Sorry to hear the reunion won't be at Mountain Ridge anymore but hey times change... I know some guys still come up here and there I want to make sure everyone knows they're welcome anytime and there's five new miles of single track so far for 2023. If it's at grandville's I could hopefully make it down for a day.
It's nice to see it come back to MD where it began. It would be better if it was at Greenridge but opening that up again may take a while. Phil is closer but I'd come to Barton as well.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

I would like to offer Casa De Granville in Barton, MD for consideration of the DAMN 2023 Reunion Spot.

Potential dates are 4/14-4/16, 5/5-5/7, 6/2-6/4 and 6/23-6/25. I have also provided these dates to others including the R&T Club. I am not sure if the R&T will be available on the 6/2-6/4 date due to other scheduled events.

I can reserve the field on the right of the driveway exclusively for DAMN Riders. No electricity in the field but there should be a working bathroom in the building. There is some very nice adventure riding in the area. I would be happy to lead a 2-hour adventure ride around the Savage River and Saint John's Rock.

No hard feeling if you guys select another spot. You guys are always welcome to come and ride with me. :thumbup:

I would have chimed in early, but just found the thread.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Granville wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:21 pm I would like to offer Casa De Granville in Barton, MD for consideration of the DAMN 2023 Reunion Spot.

Potential dates are 4/14-4/16, 5/5-5/7, 6/2-6/4 and 6/23-6/25. I have also provided these dates to others including the R&T Club. I am not sure if the R&T will be available on the 6/2-6/4 date due to other scheduled events.

I can reserve the field on the right of the driveway exclusively for DAMN Riders. No electricity in the field but there should be a working bathroom in the building. There is some very nice adventure riding in the area. I would be happy to lead a 2-hour adventure ride around the Savage River and Saint John's Rock.

No hard feeling if you guys select another spot. You guys are always welcome to come and ride with me. :thumbup:

I would have chimed in early, but just found the thread.

Very generous of you Jim!

I think we should take him up on his offer. I haven't been out to Granville's in way too long. I'll bring the 2T for the trails and the dualsport for a Jim guided adventure ride.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Laoch wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:41 am So......last year was a bust. Are we done with the "official" DAMN reunions? :shrug:

My recollection is that we started this nonsense maybe in 2006? It was at Greenridge State forest. We always had high numbers and good times. We would ride the loop, do DS rides through the forest. Even rode some crazy railroad trails from Paw Paw to Hancock. Guys would ride and camp. Yeah, good times were had.

We moved on to Mt Ridge and it became more of an off -road deal and family stuff. I think MR is a great place to ride and camp. Lots of folks some years.
Lately the numbers have been dwindling. Of course life changes for everybody- kids, grandkids, arthritis, muscle cars, etc.

We started off doing this in late April. Usually great spring weather. The dates moved because of MR opening dates.

Are we done?
Change of venue?
Change dates?
Change it to an adventure /DS ride event?

Let's hear from the peeps.

Either way somebody else will have to be the Head Cat Herder.
EDIT UPDATE*********

Thanks to the generosity of Mr Granville a location is available that will meet all the requirements for a great weekend.
Big thanks to Jim!

Now y'all need to pick a date.
The options are:

4/14-4/16
5/5-5/7
6/2-6/4
6/23-6/25

Post up your preferences. I should do a poll but I'm lazy.
Bruce