I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Old man uses his Corvette like a truck

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Old man uses his Corvette like a truck

Post by Firebolter »

This story makes me smile! Just add a hitch and you can pull bikes too! I still like my van better, but this is cool!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/articles/ ... ike-harry/

Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Old man uses his Corvette like a truck

Post by Bucho »

Does anyone remember Roadracer Al? From the early days of DAMN.
I dont think it was a corvette but be had a similar car and used it to pull a small bike trailer when needed.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:37 am Does anyone remember Roadracer Al? From the early days of DAMN.
I dont think it was a corvette but be had a similar car and used it to pull a small bike trailer when needed.
yup and I'm still in touch with him.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Considering how much more HP and torque it has than a 10 year old half-ton pickup, it makes sense mathematically. Not sure about the tongue weight, but if you keep that under control... I still wouldn't do it, but respect those who do. :-P

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

One of the DAMN guys welded a hitch to the bottom of his lexus coupe and used it to tow dirt bikes. He was somewhat limited in accessing certain places (e.g., the parking area for moto cove) but otherwise it seemed fine. I haven't seen him in quite some time and I'm blanking on his name (terrible with names). Rode yz250s.
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

That's a perfect rig with which to haul bulky stuff like topsecret materials from place to place. Could even put a padlock on the hitch to make it extra secure. :peep:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

My buddy Greg has a hitch on his Miata to pull his dirtbike.

I had a roof rack on my Porsche 996TT for mountain bikes. Many euro cars have a great way the roof rack bolts to the frame of the car. No stupid paint scratching ugly door sill clips. Its one of the (many) things I missed on the Mustang.

I need to dig up some pics...
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

smdub wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:16 am Many euro cars have a great way the roof rack bolts to the frame of the car.
My AMG has awesome rails that are built into the frame/pillars. You can not only buy racks that never touch the car and are strong to hold bikes, but entire platform/tent systems that work great and are small and compact. Agree, euro cars are WAY better in that respect than US cars.

I also have a hitch on the AMG and can haul a small trailer and carry bikes and camping stuff if I wanted to, but that's what the Van is for!
Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Firebolter wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:29 pm My AMG has awesome rails that are built into the frame/pillars.
Yeah, Porsche & BMW are the same. Its really an infinitely superior system.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Firebolter wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:21 am
Now I want a Corvette! Well, even more than I already did...