I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

State Ispection

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
frogman1981
DAMN Expert

State Ispection

Post by frogman1981 »

Where is a good place to get a safety inspection? No dealers, please! I'm in the Towson area but, I'll travel if I have to.
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: State Ispection

Post by smdub »

Why no dealers? Just call around and find the cheapest one. Everyone at my office used Bob's BMW as they were cheapest at $75. Plus they were really close. Never found an indy shop down here that would do a moto.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I've never used a moto shop for inspections. The auto shop near me has done my last couple bikes but I'm a long way from Towson. I would just call around to auto shops that do inspections and ask.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

For all the used registered bikes I've bought I've used a place close to me here in Annapolis called S&S Auto. Has to be over 40 degrees and not raining and usually no wait.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Jtrobb
DAMN Expert

Post by Jtrobb »

If it is a 2-stroke, used bike emporium has worked well for me. The owner is a 2-stroke enthusiast and seems to like seeing the 2-strokes come through his place.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Jtrobb wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:26 pm If it is a 2-stroke, used bike emporium has worked well for me. The owner is a 2-stroke enthusiast and seems to like seeing the 2-strokes come through his place.
Good to know
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
frogman1981
DAMN Expert

Post by frogman1981 »

Thanks guys! It's for my DRZ. I had a car left turn in front of me. The bike was totaled, I put it back together. It's probably not going to pass. I can't get the neutral light to work. I replaced the engine bottom with an off road engine. The shift drum won't operate the switch.
1962galaxie
DAMN n00b

Post by 1962galaxie »

Guys,

I highly recommend F&S in Eldersburg, if anyone is in that area. Brian, whose family used to own C&L cycles (a local honda, etc. dealer) is one of the techs, his daughter Danielle runs the parts counter.

They've treated me so well over the years, and I've found them to be super fair and reasonable on inspections. They piggy back their parts orders on to Ellicott City Powersports so the parts availability is great. I do all of my own work, but when I've needed a hand, they were super fair.

And they have a Harley contingent, but do japanese bikes really well because of the C&L heritage.

Now all of this intel isn't from today, as I haven't been in for a few months, but it's where I'd go.
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

I don't think a neutral light is reqd for MD. If its not on the test sheet that gets turned in (now digital), it shouldn't be tested.
Boy, I was certain they sent me an email w/ the inspection list last couple times I did it. Can't find anything but the 'passed' email. Nothing online either what the exact things they test.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Maryland has a search doodad that allows you to select motorcycle inspections and find stations that do them (theoretically). It found the shop near me that I've used...

https://egov.maryland.gov/msp/vsi/Lookup#!/station