I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Van Tolls

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Van Tolls

Post by smdub »

Well, tall van owners get screwed on I95 now. We were was heading down to Fredericksburg last weekend and there was an accident on I95 so we popped onto the express lanes for a few exits to get around it. I don't normally pay for express lanes but I figured a couple bucks to save an hour was worth it. We had to meet up on a schedule anyway.

I was going out near Dulles yesterday and the ezpass lanes said my balance was low. Eh? So I check it this morning. Well, turns out that short I95 detour cost me $70.50! Turns out vehicles over 7' tall get charged 3x the rate on 395/495/95 express lanes now. Ouch. They think we're commercial I guess. F-me...
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Van Tolls

Post by Rut Row »

Fugggg ... one more reason I despise toll lanes. :dirtdog:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I have never really measured my Mid height Transit? Humm?
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

smdub wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:06 am Well, tall van owners get screwed on I95 now. We were was heading down to Fredericksburg last weekend and there was an accident on I95 so we popped onto the express lanes for a few exits to get around it. I don't normally pay for express lanes but I figured a couple bucks to save an hour was worth it. We had to meet up on a schedule anyway.

I was going out near Dulles yesterday and the ezpass lanes said my balance was low. Eh? So I check it this morning. Well, turns out that short I95 detour cost me $70.50! Turns out vehicles over 7' tall get charged 3x the rate on 395/495/95 express lanes now. Ouch. They think we're commercial I guess. F-me...
Oh DAMN. That makes sense. A few years ago I drove thru NYC and it cost me like $90!

My van can just squeak under an 8’6” height bar
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
HuskyMatt
DAMN n00b

Post by HuskyMatt »

smdub wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:06 am Well, tall van owners get screwed on I95 now. We were was heading down to Fredericksburg last weekend and there was an accident on I95 so we popped onto the express lanes for a few exits to get around it. I don't normally pay for express lanes but I figured a couple bucks to save an hour was worth it. We had to meet up on a schedule anyway.

That's messed up Stephen. If it helps I'll give you $100 for your ultra bee to cover the toll and postage. :lol2: Happy Father's Day