I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Camping WolfDen Run

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Camping WolfDen Run

Post by Twist »

Phil, did you guys ride in to Kitzmiller? Gracie thought that was pretty cool to ride her dirt bike in to town there.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:21 am Phil, did you guys ride in to Kitzmiller? Gracie thought that was pretty cool to ride her dirt bike in to town there.

No, the rules about that stuff arent very clear. The guy I spoke to when I made my campground reservation told me we can NOT ride our atvs from the campground to any of the offroad areas. (Even though its really close).

The only thing that seemed clearly marked as legal was riding on pavement between the Potomac River area and the NorthHill area.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

[quote=Bucho post_id=74643 time=1688239264

No, the rules about that stuff arent very clear. The guy I spoke to when I made my campground reservation told me we can NOT ride our atvs from the campground to any of the offroad areas. (Even though its really close).

The only thing that seemed clearly marked as legal was riding on pavement between the Potomac River area and the NorthHill area.
[/quote]

+1. I considered taking my family there to camp and ride last year but it was way overly complicated. I think I eventually figured out I could buy some county permit to ride to one of the Trailheads but there was no way to legally ride to the other so I gave up.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I'm pretty sure it's legal to ride back and forth in to Kitzmiller. It's a sleepy little place but there is a nice local's place for lunch and I'm told they don't mind dirt bike folks wandering in.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Thanks for posting that Ken!
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

Bucho wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:21 pm
Twist wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:21 am Phil, did you guys ride in to Kitzmiller? Gracie thought that was pretty cool to ride her dirt bike in to town there.

This actually irritates me. I got the law passed that allows ATV's Bikes and SxS street legal access up to 5 miles. Garrett County adopted this nearly 2 months ago. It is clear to me that people are not aware of the laws.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Joker wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:53 am

This actually irritates me. I got the law passed that allows ATV's Bikes and SxS street legal access up to 5 miles. Garrett County adopted this nearly 2 months ago. It is clear to me that people are not aware of the laws.
Maybe on site posting the relevant code highlighting the 5 mi. access would be something that Kitzmiller and the DNR would be able to support. I've only been there once and can't remember if there are bulletin boards at the three areas but if you check in at the ranger office before you get there they should be telling people or at least handing out a trail map that notes this allowance!
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

Twist wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:57 am
Joker wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:53 am

Maybe on site posting the relevant code highlighting the 5 mi. access would be something that Kitzmiller and the DNR would be able to support. I've only been there once and can't remember if there are bulletin boards at the three areas but if you check in at the ranger office before you get there they should be telling people or at least handing out a trail map that notes this allowance!
Thats in the works. Ads will be going up on sign boards showcasing the town's ATV friendliness in the not too distant future.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Joker wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:22 am
Thats in the works. Ads will be going up on sign boards showcasing the town's ATV friendliness in the not too distant future.
I'll add that to my list. I'm planning on going out Sat to drive North Hills area. More to come

Did a bit of research. They approved the change May 16th. See below
https://www.garrettcounty.org/resources ... 6-2023.pdf

I'll call the county and see when they'll update the page and if the new distance is being honored.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris