I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Camping WolfDen Run

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Camping WolfDen Run

Post by Rut Row »

Swallow Falls State Park is 30 min away. They have cabins, tent sites, RV, etc

https://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/Pa ... mping.aspx
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
1962galaxie
DAMN n00b

Post by 1962galaxie »

Guys,
I don't post much on here, but i wanted to chime in on this. Went to WDRSP with 8 guys this weekend, some came and went. Stayed at the AIRBNB in the link above, and that went well. 3.5mi to the Huckleberry Rocks area. 3 more to North hills. You can ride the haul road from there to Potomac. We rode back and forth, some of us (me) had plated bikes, some didn't. I spoke to the Ranger before we went, and he assured me they preferred us to ride into town for lunch. Which we did, and that was cool. Some tried to get the Garrett Permit, and had issues, so no one did. Rangers saw us ride from park to park and were friendly and not concerned.

Place was empty. Only saw 3 other crews. Rocky but well marked. Some technical stuff, but mostly double track. Rode greens, blue, and blacks. Found one green we had trouble getting up, and rode some black you could do in a wheelchair. Rolled my ankle on a black rocky hillclimb. I've ridden 7 mtns, RORR, Michaux, etc and I do all the options. This was much easier than Michaux, and not as hard as 7 mtns, but about the same as Dabbers if that makes sense. Also, we found a lot of puddles, and a couple that were seat deep which didn't sit well in November.

We rode 40 miles approx each day and rode nothing more than twice. Nice place and very scenic. We'd go back. I have a MD state park passport already, and we made a reservation. Thanks to all that made this happen, its a solid riding park.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

1962galaxie wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:18 am Guys,
I don't post much on here, but i wanted to chime in on this. Went to WDRSP with 8 guys this weekend, some came and went. Stayed at the AIRBNB in the link above, and that went well. 3.5mi to the Huckleberry Rocks area. 3 more to North hills. You can ride the haul road from there to Potomac. We rode back and forth, some of us (me) had plated bikes, some didn't. I spoke to the Ranger before we went, and he assured me they preferred us to ride into town for lunch. Which we did, and that was cool. Some tried to get the Garrett Permit, and had issues, so no one did. Rangers saw us ride from park to park and were friendly and not concerned.

Place was empty. Only saw 3 other crews. Rocky but well marked. Some technical stuff, but mostly double track. Rode greens, blue, and blacks. Found one green we had trouble getting up, and rode some black you could do in a wheelchair. Rolled my ankle on a black rocky hillclimb. I've ridden 7 mtns, RORR, Michaux, etc and I do all the options. This was much easier than Michaux, and not as hard as 7 mtns, but about the same as Dabbers if that makes sense. Also, we found a lot of puddles, and a couple that were seat deep which didn't sit well in November.

We rode 40 miles approx each day and rode nothing more than twice. Nice place and very scenic. We'd go back. I have a MD state park passport already, and we made a reservation. Thanks to all that made this happen, its a solid riding park.
Thanks for Ride Report. Glad to hear the rangers are cool and happy to see people riding
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

1962galaxie wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:18 am We'd go back. I have a MD state park passport already, and we made a reservation. Thanks to all that made this happen, its a solid riding park.
This is good to hear! If you aren't already, consider joining MDOHVA. We are the group that made it happen.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
1962galaxie
DAMN n00b

Post by 1962galaxie »

I did, and thanks for all you guys have done for this.