I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

OnX Offroad app

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

OnX Offroad app

Post by Firebolter »

Been playing with the OnX Offroad app and I like it! Hands down the easiest GPS route tool I have used. Saves and exports files in GPS X format(or KML). Easy to change or add to existing routes and stuff on the fly. I downloaded a background map for the area I was working on and no need for cell coverage now. I mean I will still use this to make routes and waypoints, then export them to a file and load on the Garmin 700 on the bike. But at breaks or lunch I'll be able to easily look at stuff without needing to bring the paper maps with me. Nice app, super intuitive if you have used any GPS before-

Tells you what kind of land you are riding on. Has all of the various trails (ST, SxS, jeep road etc.). Has all of the camping sites/info and even current fires in the area. Nice tool-just click on something and it tells you what is is, who has access and how long it is and altitude trace.
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: OnX Offroad app

Post by Rut Row »

I have it and like it as well. I like the landowner identification feature.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I might have to give it a try
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I have been using it at FRO but still far from current trails. Nice to help me have a clue where I am at and general direction.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Yeah, for private land it is not as useful like it is with Fed/State systems, but for those it is awesome. Still will run my Garmin 700 but have this on the phone in my vest. It does have a go and track feature, so you could save your rides from places like FRO.
Lots of cool bikes---