I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

France, Nice and Alps

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: France, Nice and Alps

Post by Firebolter »

Good deal Phil, rides like that one are the ones you remember the most! I did a similar thing in Australia on a RZ350 and drove up and down the west coast couple hundred miles. Awesome memories!
Lots of cool bikes---
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Awesome bucket list stuff Phil!!! You had way better roads to ride than I!

We're going to be in Montone Italy (central/Umbria/edge of Tuscany area) in October for 10 days staying in a villa there. I'm looking forward to finding out what my options are for some motorcycle therapy.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:56 pm Awesome bucket list stuff Phil!!! You had way better roads to ride than I!

We're going to be in Montone Italy (central/Umbria/edge of Tuscany area) in October for 10 days staying in a villa there. I'm looking forward to finding out what my options are for some motorcycle therapy.
Not sure if you already have one, but I believe an International Driver's License is needed in Italy. I think renting a bike or superscooter on your trip is necessary.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Laoch wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:14 am

I really liked the CB500x that I had. It was the 17" front that made me get rid of it.
Yeah, the little CBX was nice. I guess the newer versions have a 19" front.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

Looks like a dream trip. Awesome.
Motomofo
DAMN n00b

Post by Motomofo »

Wow. That's a rad little mini-adventure. It doesn't take much power to have fun on two wheels on foreign land. And those roads, that scenery, looks awesome. Congrats on the surprise.
WOODS.... :thumbup:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bucho wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:45 pm
Twist wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:56 pm Awesome bucket list stuff Phil!!! You had way better roads to ride than I!

Not sure if you already have one, but I believe an International Driver's License is needed in Italy. I think renting a bike or superscooter on your trip is necessary.
Thanks for the heads-up on the license. I picked up one at the local AAA office that's good for Italy.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Awesome trip!

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200