I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

BMW seats

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

BMW seats

Post by Laoch »

I'm curious what others think and use for seats. Wes, John, ?

The stock seat on my F700 feels like it wants to drill a hole though my ass bone after about an hour. I have had good success with the cheapie atv seat cover. But that makes me sit a bit higher and have other issues.

I really like the Seat Concepts seat on my Husky. So I ordered one for my BMW. They make standard, comfort, tall and touring. Or something like that. I went with comfort.

My last BMW was a RT1150, it came with a Sergeant seat, but I preferred the stock seat.
Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: BMW seats

Post by Twist »

I've tried a couple of different seats on my GS but always go back to the OEM. It's way more comfortable than the Seat Concepts I have on my WR250R or my kid's XT250. Full disclosure, I don't have a particularly discriminating tuchus and I'm been happy with the OEM seats on every bike I've own that is put to all day use.

The guy that went with me to do the Dempster had a Sargent on his 750GS and it looked very comfortable.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

My 800GSA seat was horrible. I couldn't ride for more than 3-4 hours. Made me feel like my butt bone was on fire. I am a Seat Concepts fan, everyone I have had has been way better than what it replaced. I have them on the 300, 500 and T7. Makes a huge difference for me. I like them alot-I have had Sargent seats, Mustang seats (on my Ducati 800) and for the price, Seat Concepts is pretty good IMO.
Lots of cool bikes---
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Logged a few miles today - 80ish - on my new Seat Concepts seat. Much better than stock. :thumbup:
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Laoch wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:16 pm Logged a few miles today - 80ish - on my new Seat Concepts seat. Much better than stock. :thumbup:
Glad its working
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

Good that the SC seat is working out. I have a Unit Garsge seat on my R9T. It’s better than OEM but not great. I have a SC seat on my Husky (ok), had a Sargent for a short while on my long gone Monster (not good), and a Mustang on my gone Sportster (great).