I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Crazy Azz Hillclimb-Andler Hill Climb

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Crazy Azz Hillclimb-Andler Hill Climb

Post by Firebolter »

Incredible what a modern dirt bike can both do and survive from! Pretty cool they go at night as well as the day time.

Lots of cool bikes---
davej
DAMN Expert

Re: Crazy Azz Hillclimb-Andler Hill Climb

Post by davej »

That was wonderful! I think every extended swingarm bike spat the rider over the bars on that first huge kicker. So much to enjoy in that video. The spotter guys were as fun to watch as the hapless riders. The 2 stroke guys were a letdown though. :dirtdog:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Ah, a brand new video of that hill. Glad to see a hillclimb that is so brutal that technology still hasn't ruined it by making it easy.

Jackpine Gypsies run a hillclimb outside of Sturgis that in 1990 and even 1995, the winner was determined by how high they made it up the hill. By 2000 it was determined by time and by 2005, pretty much everyone cruised right on over. I just looked it up, and it seems now they've added a bunch of jumps to test your suspension settings as well as a sharp s-turn. Back in MY DAY (dadgumminy!), the course was straight up the hill, with spectators standing "safely" behind streamers on both sides of the course. You had to pay attention, because sometimes a bike would come straight at you and one time a bike actually hit the streamer as people scrambled out of the way!

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

davej wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:45 pm That was wonderful! I think every extended swingarm bike spat the rider over the bars on that first huge kicker. So much to enjoy in that video. The spotter guys were as fun to watch as the hapless riders. The 2 stroke guys were a letdown though. :dirtdog:
I found another one of the same event, but this one has some good footage from the top looking down-gives ya a much better perspective! #52 (Suzuki) makes it on one run, and they show his helmet cam video from an almost made it attempt-cool stuff

Lots of cool bikes---
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I have no idea of the skills that would be required to get over that hill, but... I think it would occur to me that doing the same thing everyone else is doing is going to probably yield the same result.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Pretty crazy stuff.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200