I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Eldersburg dirt bike

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Eldersburg dirt bike

Post by Bucho »

Im sure your screen name is a joke. But since I dont know you, Im not sure thats the person Id want to invite to my trails.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Thug420
DAMN n00b

Post by Thug420 »

Bucho wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:44 pm Im sure your screen name is a joke. But since I dont know you, Im not sure thats the person Id want to invite to my trails.

Sorry about my name everyone. I just think it’s funny. My name is Colton and I’m 18.
CRF250F 2023 :thumbup:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Now that is a better start.
Good to see you standing in your pic, nice start to more advanced riding.
Get some decent safety gear as no land owner all allow any rider to ride without being ready for a crash.
Hate to say it but get used to driving for any decent riding. You found DAMN Riders, look up Del Val as they are a very large group that organizes many events. Join and when ride work days happen go get involved. It may be a day stomping forest trails clearing brush for a future event. You show interest and effort and you will become included to more club gatherings. Many rides with them will require a FRO permit however watch for sign up for Dirty Santa and for that sign up fee you will get to ride one of the FRO locations. Gives you a taste of what FRO has to offer before spending the $275 for a year permit. Most important is you will get to connect with hundreds of like minded people.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Thug420 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:21 pm
Bucho wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:44 pm Im sure your screen name is a joke. But since I dont know you, Im not sure thats the person Id want to invite to my trails.

Sorry about my name everyone. I just think it’s funny. My name is Colton and I’m 18.
Check your PMs
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I also live in Eldersburg. Your two best options for being a new rider are Mountain Ridge ATV, which has a lot of well-marked trails. I can tell you a nice 10-mile loop that will get you going. It's 2:30h away, but it's worth it. Your second best choice is Wicomico Motorsports Park. It's 1:30 away, but the trails aren't particularly well marked, they don't have anywhere near as many trails as Mountain Ridge, and their trails are rutted because every year they run a sloppy mudfest of a hare scramble the first weekend of the year (which I always do and is a lot of fun, but it thrashes the trails). I would do MR over Wicomico, tbh. I *do* go to MR over Wicomico. Aside from the hare scramble, I've only been to Wicomico once, but I've been to MR many times. You can camp onsite if that helps, but I've also done a lot of day trips.

Where are you in e-burg?

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Thug420
DAMN n00b

Post by Thug420 »

phoo wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:22 pm I also live in Eldersburg. Your two best options for being a new rider are Mountain Ridge ATV, which has a lot of well-marked trails. I can tell you a nice 10-mile loop that will get you going. It's 2:30h away, but it's worth it. Your second best choice is Wicomico Motorsports Park. It's 1:30 away, but the trails aren't particularly well marked, they don't have anywhere near as many trails as Mountain Ridge, and their trails are rutted because every year they run a sloppy mudfest of a hare scramble the first weekend of the year (which I always do and is a lot of fun, but it thrashes the trails). I would do MR over Wicomico, tbh. I *do* go to MR over Wicomico. Aside from the hare scramble, I've only been to Wicomico once, but I've been to MR many times. You can camp onsite if that helps, but I've also done a lot of day trips.

Where are you in e-burg?

~Patrick
I don’t know how I missed your comment, I’m sorry. I went to Boyer farm in WV a few months ago and I haven’t ridden since then. I heard there might be trails 90 minutes away at Tomahawk MX, I just haven’t had time to call and see. I’m located near Liberty high school.

-Colton
CRF250F 2023 :thumbup:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Tomahawk MX does have a loop around the property.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

smdub wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:58 pm Tomahawk MX does have a loop around the property.
I went once more than 10 years ago. The loop trail was fine. But I didnt think it was worth the $40 gate fee.

Its been a while. Maybe the trails are better.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I've been meaning to get over to Tomahawk for a while now. My cabin is in the same town. It's just a matter of throwing my bike on the back of the truck when I go there, which should be easier as the work on the cabin is winding down.

I'll make it a point to go to tomahawk this summer. I don't have much hope for their trails, tbh, but they also have an endurocross practice area that sounds interesting.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Motomofo
DAMN n00b

Post by Motomofo »

phoo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:16 pm .....tbh, but they also have an endurocross practice area that sounds interesting.

~Patrick
Ya don't say..... That is interesting indeed. Think I'll go see how powerful google actually is.
WOODS.... :thumbup: