I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2014 Freeride FREE to a Deserving Rider

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

2014 Freeride FREE to a Deserving Rider

Post by BigBird »

I have come to a point in my long wonderful life - as I near the end - that I have been putting nearly all of my remaining energy into cleaning up the MANY loose ends from my eighty years. Getting all my taxes up to date, cleaning out old files, throwing away junk/clutter, redoing my will, trying to connect with old friends, etc., etc., etc. I want to make it a easy as possible for my heirs (wife and daughters).

I am giving away my 2014 Freeride. I would like it to go to someone that can use and enjoy it but may not have the resources to purchase a top of the line trail bike.

PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH IDEAS ON WHO IT SHOULD GO TO!

This is the very 1st Freeride in the USA. I imported it from the UK in 2014 with a special off-road racing only title so it cannot be tagged.

It is probably the best equipped/setup Freeride in existence with every possible mod/upgrade including several that are unique to this bike only.
I am an 80 year old rider that also has a similarly set up tagged 2015 Freeride that I ride frequently . Since I have these 2 nearly identical bikes I am giving one away to get more garage space, etc.

This is probably the BEST off-road bike available for anyone that is short, or OLD (like me :>) or not real strong or a beginner or learning rider male or female. It is low, light and manurable and will go ANYWHERE any other dirt bike can go with less effort. It is GREAT in the rocks, creaks beds and steep climbs -BUT can still go fast enough for open dirt roads, etc.

It also has a tunnelable Scotts Steering dampener installed which I plan to remove - (but that is negotiable).

I will be happy to answer any questions.

I have been a main player in the devilment of these bikes after Yoram Lavee left and am VERY knowledgeable on these bikes.

Rekluse Exp Autoclutch with latest upgraded discs etc. - Well tuned - Works GREAT
Both ends of the Rear Shock have the later version of the X-Bushings thus lowering the seat height to under 35"
KTM Radiator Guard = Excellent and necessary if you don't want to keep replacing radiators​
Max OVERSIZE Lithium Battery​
Latest Upgraded Bendix and Starter​
Seat Concepts Aftermarket Seat​
Shinko Cheater Rear Tire​
Bridgestone M59 Front Tire​
Tubliss in both wheels and wheels balanced​
Threaded Bar Ends with Grip/Hand Guards​
Well Tuned Carb with JD Jet Kit+​
Rear Fender Zipper Bag​
Exhaust Bash Guard​
Homemade "Padiator"' Rear Brake Coolers = WORK GREAT and eliminate all the brake problems on these bikes​
Gaffer Sintered Metallic pads = GREAT w Padiators​
Acerbis Front Auxiliary Gas Tank - 50 mile+ range​
Front Suspension Tuned by Corey ProTune = The BEST you can get​
Offset Steering Bearings by Cheney Eng. = More Rake/Trail - REALLY tames the quick handling issue - NO downsides
Knight Designs Lowered and Rear Offset Foot Pegs = GREAT
Sprockets = 12 front 46 rear

Everything on the bike is in very good shape and ready to ride.
The motor is completely stock, except for jetting changes, recently installed new Top End with plated cylinder bore.
The bike has the usual scratches, etc. one would expect on a dirt bike but nothing is broken, defective or inoperable.
The bike came with all the unusual "road" items such as lights, etc. but I have removed them to minimize weight - however they go with the bike.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: 2014 Freeride FREE to a Deserving Rider

Post by Rut Row »

This is a great thing you are doing Sam. Kudos to you.

I'll bet someone here knows a young person who would be a great rider if only they had a bike.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Sam is an awesome guy!

Should be a great bike for someone
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

You're a good egg Sam. Kudos.

Wes
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

DAMN fine of you Sam :thumbup:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

You are a great friend to all of us damm riders, Sam.

Add to the hat of possible recipients the young twins living next door to me. We rode on their farm that time you came down to work on your Surr ron software.

They are college students at WVU and have typical student austerity issues. They love to ride when they get a chance and have fun on the bikes I provide them. One of them happens to be called Sam. He got to come to granville's and did pretty well on my old ttr250.

I could continue to show them the singletrack ropes and keep a watchful eye on the bike. You could set it up that you are "loaning" the bike to them for free and we can pass it along if they outgrow it etc. Their younger sister is a student at Va Tech and has asked me to teach her to ride before she goes back to school in January.

Ironically you listed your bike for sale right after I had departed to ride out West in September. I would have bought it from you as I was looking all over for freerides or cross trainers. Heck, I'm still tempted to buy it

Good luck finding the right match and have a very merry Christmas! :cheers:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

davej is picking the old Freeride up this week! :thumbup:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

This is great Sam. What a wonderful gift. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Very nice, Sam!

As for the practicalities I've got a similar plan for down the road. After my parents passed there was so much stuff to deal with (albeit impeccably organized, as that was my Mom's way) I knew I wanted to do the same thing you're doing when the day gets closer. I'm sure your daughter will appreciate it. Don't forget to keep living in the mean time. I'm sure you've got a lot of good years left.

"Let us prepare our minds as if we'd come to the very end of life. Let us postpone nothing. Let us balance life's books each day. The one who puts the finishing touches on their life each day is never short of time." Seneca

Sorry, been reading some philosophy lately. ;)
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Marylander wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:20 am Very nice, Sam!

As for the practicalities I've got a similar plan for down the road. After my parents passed there was so much stuff to deal with (albeit impeccably organized, as that was my Mom's way) I knew I wanted to do the same thing you're doing when the day gets closer. I'm sure your daughter will appreciate it. Don't forget to keep living in the mean time. I'm sure you've got a lot of good years left.

"Let us prepare our minds as if we'd come to the very end of life. Let us postpone nothing. Let us balance life's books each day. The one who puts the finishing touches on their life each day is never short of time." Seneca

Sorry, been reading some philosophy lately. ;)
Momento Mori
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200