I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Baltimore & surrounding local riders

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Baltimore & surrounding local riders

Post by Grady » Sat May 30, 2009 2:16 pm

As many of you know, there are quite a few of us in the area who ride. Damnriders is a great way to organize rides, however many times small local rides are short notice. Sometimes people will decide to get together for a ride after work, or on the weekend, but don't have access to the internet all day. I was trying to think of a way to keep everyone in the loop. Perhaps we could start a cell phone list of any members who would be interested in being informed of local rides. That way a group text message could be sent to anyone who might be interested. I figure, not everyone has access to email all day, but most people have a cell phone. People would only need respond if interested in going on the ride, otherwise they can ignore it.
There have been many nice days I would have liked to have others join in for a ride, but sometimes the forum isn't the fastest way to contact people.
I'm open to any other suggestions too. I know some people wanted to go on the Memorial day ride, but missed out due to short notice and lack of internet access. Of course the list would be compiled via PM, and only members of the list would get a copy of the list. I wouldn't want everyones phone numbers in a list on a public forum.
Please let me know what you think.

Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Baltimore & surrounding local riders

Post by Grady » Sat May 30, 2009 2:20 pm

Oh yea, Dont forget to add yourself to the DAMN Frappr map. :ride:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=360

401dan
DAMN Expert

Post by 401dan » Sat May 30, 2009 4:30 pm

sounds :thumbup: good to me
2005 KLR250 2012 TIGER 800XC FULLY FARKLED : :whip:
TEACH MORE FRIENDS TO RIDE WE NEED VOTES FOR THE LAW'S THAT GOVERN US. TOO CHANGE!!!

crofrog
DAMN Expert

Post by crofrog » Sun May 31, 2009 2:43 am

Honestly this is basically the only worthwhile use for twitter. Everyone subscribe to a DAMN channel and then someone can send a SMS to the channel and it get's sent to everyone else.