I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

MX Ride?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
AccidentalWheelie

Re: MX Ride?

Post by AccidentalWheelie » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:37 pm

i wanna go too!! never been , anyone wonder what a flying yettie would look like on a xr650l??? :whoop:

crofrog
DAMN Expert

Post by crofrog » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:41 pm

AccidentalWheelie wrote:i wanna go too!! never been , anyone wonder what a flying yettie would look like on a xr650l??? :whoop:
there's a video somewhere of a pro on a 650L passing a bunch of people at an MX track using the horn and shit.

What about Budd's Creek? I've never been there and don't know anything about it.

Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:48 pm

I might be mistaken, but I don't think Buds creek has open practice to the public. I thought you had to rent the track for the day. Although if enough people are interested, renting a track for a private DAMN ride might be a DAMN good time.

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:47 pm

Grady wrote:I might be mistaken, but I don't think Buds creek has open practice to the public. I thought you had to rent the track for the day. Although if enough people are interested, renting a track for a private DAMN ride might be a DAMN good time.
$500 for the day, max 10 riders, no more than 2 riders on the track at any one time :rant:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Would the wasp driver and monkey count as one rider or two? Either way, only two at a time on the track, seems kind of lame.

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:12 pm

Grady wrote:Would the wasp driver and monkey count as one rider or two? Either way, only two at a time on the track, seems kind of lame.
hmmm... good question - and I agree :fitz:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:44 pm

The Landing in Easton is really nice. It's a big facility and has a few tracks depending on level. All the jumps on the advanced track are now tabletops. Breezewood is probably cool too, I'm just not familiar with it. We don't need to rent Bud's to have fun, believe me, any of these tracks will fit the bill. We just need to pick a place and date. Are we thinking July, August or September? Weekends are fine so we can get more people involved, but Dave, I have one day off a week so let me know if you want to do a side trip.
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F

Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:28 pm

I too have a flexible schedule and would possibly be interested in a weekday trip. I figure it probably wouldn't be as crowded on a weekday, therefor less people for me to get in the way of. :ride:

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:06 am

I was talking to a MX riding friend of mine. I mentioned that I had gone up to Breezewood to ride. I had mentioned how I am a MX newbie and I found the jumps to be a little intimidating. Especially since they all seemed to have pretty steep take offs, which lead to some rougher landings.
He mentioned that Tomahawk MX park was pretty fun and the jumps there were alittle more forgiving.

Has anyone been there and could possibly confirm that?

I don't have a lot of interest in taking my DR out on the MX track. But I'd be up for some sidecarMX...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

crofrog
DAMN Expert

Post by crofrog » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:09 am

Kyler wrote:
Grady wrote:I might be mistaken, but I don't think Buds creek has open practice to the public. I thought you had to rent the track for the day. Although if enough people are interested, renting a track for a private DAMN ride might be a DAMN good time.
$500 for the day, max 10 riders, no more than 2 riders on the track at any one time :rant:
If we could get 10 riders that's only 50 a pop, but only 2 riders on track seems lame as shit.