I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Need help - Tent (hammock) questions

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Need help - Tent (hammock) questions

Post by hondahawkrider »

As it looks like I will be doing some ride and camps with the XR now ... I am looking for a smaller tent to take with me... As I am not a fan of sleeping on the ground - especially if it's wet - I am interested in the hammock tents that you can string between tree and sleep off of the ground.. However, there are bunch of choices I have seen so far so I thought I would see about a reccomendation... compact carrying size being the most inportant followed by price...

THanks
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Re: Need help - Tent (hammock) questions

Post by B DIRT »

When I was lookin for a hammock tent this is what everyone said was the "best" but I ended up going a different route because of keeping gear and changing clothes is not possible in the hammock but heres a linky
http://hennessyhammock.com/
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I've also been considering some small, lightweight camping solutions, such as a one-man tent.

That Hennessey looks nice, but they only offer one that is big/strong enough for me (over 6'2", over 250 lbs) and it's freakin' $450!

Oh well, the search continues.
delusion39
DAMN Wanabe

Post by delusion39 »

I've got a Hennessy and I love it. Expedition Asym. Sets up easy and comes down easy; especially with the snake skins. Quote from their site "For everyone's safety, we've intentionally made our hammocks very durable, with very strong fabrics and ropes that are approximately 6 times stronger than the maximum weight of the occupant." They also say that if you are over the limit you void the warranty, but I know people that have been a few pounds over the 250 limit and didn't have any problems.
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2006 KTM 450 EXC
2007 KTM 300 XC
2013 KTM 990 Adventure Baja

Ex bikes: 1995 Kawasaki KDX 200,2005 Triumph Daytona 650 (R.I.P),2002 Suzuki DRZ 400E, 1998 Honda Interceptor.
crofrog
DAMN Expert

Post by crofrog »

delusion39 wrote:I've got a Hennessy and I love it. Expedition Asym. Sets up easy and comes down easy; especially with the snake skins. Quote from their site "For everyone's safety, we've intentionally made our hammocks very durable, with very strong fabrics and ropes that are approximately 6 times stronger than the maximum weight of the occupant." They also say that if you are over the limit you void the warranty, but I know people that have been a few pounds over the 250 limit and didn't have any problems.
I'm 270lb's and use the expedition a-symn. I've been using it for about 8-9 years now with no issues.

There is also Speer Hammocks.

I've been hammock camping sense before it was cool. It is absolutely the best possible way to sleep in the woods.
AccidentalWheelie

Post by AccidentalWheelie »

i found hammock bliss also ...but im up in the air on which one...im 6-6 330lbs so i need the bigun. I've heard good reviews on hennesy hammocks. The Hammock Bliss one doesnt have a rain fly but, i think i could buy a $16 tarp and a $80 mosquito free Hammock bliss ......makes price better $96 vs $240 for hennesy....i dunno might just man up get hennesy
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

AccidentalWheelie wrote:i found hammock bliss also ...but im up in the air on which one...im 6-6 330lbs so i need the bigun. I've heard good reviews on hennesy hammocks. The Hammock Bliss one doesnt have a rain fly but, i think i could buy a $16 tarp and a $80 mosquito free Hammock bliss ......makes price better $96 vs $240 for hennesy....i dunno might just man up get hennesy
look at ti this way, if you don't spent it, your kids will just argue about how to split it up when you die - so, in truth, you are doing your family a favor by spending it now! :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
AccidentalWheelie

ok ok i ordered the Safari from Hennesy Hammocks should be here in 3 days express shipping ill try it out aug 23-23 on DS :kumbaya: :roost: :cheers: ride
crofrog
DAMN Expert

Post by crofrog »

AccidentalWheelie wrote:ok ok i ordered the Safari from Hennesy Hammocks should be here in 3 days express shipping ill try it out aug 23-23 on DS :kumbaya: :roost: :cheers: ride
You're going to love it. It's impossible not to.
AccidentalWheelie

yeh i went with hennesy over others because of entry and better enclosed bug netting, had to get safari model for higher wieght rating but 2 lbs more dont bother me cant wait for maiden voyage ....i think im a skid plate and a clarke tank away from an awesome True dual sport setup....also my D606 is working out Fantastic as of now on and off road ....well see how wear goes