I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shade Mtn or similar this weekend?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Scott321

Shade Mtn or similar this weekend?

Post by Scott321 »

Anyone game for a shade mountain ride or something similar? As of now, the weather looks fairly safe for either saturday or sunday. Would like to stay fairly close to york, harrisburg, etc. I'd like to ride shade mtn again with someone who knows the trails. Rode there myself a few weekends ago and couldn't make much sense out of the markers. Here is a little info on shade mtn. http://www.pamall.net/patra/patra7.html
restukey
DAMN Expert

Re: Shade Mtn or similar this weekend?

Post by restukey »

I have a feeling that it will be another week before I can commit to Shade Mountain. It looks like it might be another GreenRidge ride this weekend. I'll be ready for a change of pace shortly.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Very good chance Grady and I will be going up for a little ride saturday.
I know all the trails and some not on the map.
I live in Carlisle and we will be leaving from my place.
Not sure when Grady will be at my place and we have some quick paper work to do, then be rolling north.
You are welcome to ride along from my place, plenty of trailer space and the "beast" seats 6, so plenty of room.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Boom Boom wrote:...Grady will be at my place and we have some quick paper work to do...
Wot's Grady buying? :lol2:

:lurker: :lurker: :lurker:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX »

mdubya wrote:
Boom Boom wrote:...Grady will be at my place and we have some quick paper work to do...
Wot's Grady buying? :lol2:

:lurker: :lurker: :lurker:
Grady might just be stopping in to use one of Boom Boom's bathrooms. He has 2 of them... :brows: :brows:
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Boom Boom's 06' te510 :loveit: Feels so much smaller and more nimble than my 610, but still has plenty of grunt to move my fat ass.:thumbup: The magic button is a huge plus me too (and anyone who's rode with me when I wreck and flood it when it's hot) I'm thinking the 510 should be a little more manageable for the tight stuff, but still do the high speed Greenridge stuff. I also got a chance to ride Boom Boom's 300exc with a Rekluse last weekend, and WOW what a bike. That bike seems perfect for the trail and it's plated. Right now the 510 fits the rideing I do better than a two stroke. But I will be keeping an eye out for a 300exc in the future to add to the stable also. :brows:
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Sorry for the thread jack.
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

By the way, I hope to be at Boom Boom's about 9:30 in the morning.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Grady wrote:Boom Boom's 06' te510 :loveit: Feels so much smaller and more nimble than my 610, but still has plenty of grunt to move my fat ass.:thumbup: The magic button is a huge plus me too (and anyone who's rode with me when I wreck and flood it when it's hot) I'm thinking the 510 should be a little more manageable for the tight stuff, but still do the high speed Greenridge stuff. I also got a chance to ride Boom Boom's 300exc with a Rekluse last weekend, and WOW what a bike. That bike seems perfect for the trail and it's plated. Right now the 510 fits the rideing I do better than a two stroke. But I will be keeping an eye out for a 300exc in the future to add to the stable also. :brows:

:bow: I suppose it would be appropriate to wish you an early Merry Christmas, then. :lol2:

Nice. :roost: :whoop: :roost: :whoop:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Thanks BoomBoom for the great ride today, even though I struggled with the new husky in the heavily rocky areas I still had a blast. At least I didnt have to kick it, and I learned I need to gear it down and lighten the clutch pull. Also, it was nice meeting and riding with you scott321.
The trial by fire rock hill at the beginning had me a little discouraged. (I had to let BoomBoom help get his ex bike up it for me) After a while though, I started geting more comfortable with the new ride. Shade mountain is awesome! as long as you dont mind rocks on top of rock. At least when its all rock there's no mud. Great ride, great trails, and some DAMN fine company.