I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shade Mtn or similar this weekend?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Shade Mtn or similar this weekend?

Post by Boom Boom »

Grady you done great.
I thought you and Scott might want to kick my ass when we bumped into the Yamaha riders and they said they gave up and turned around on the rock climb.
Once I know you can handle that climb, then I do not worry so much about getting you far away from the truck and being over your head and getting hurt. A couple mods (lower gearing) and more seat time and you will handle most anything I can throw at you.
Hero sections next ride :brows:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote:Grady you done great.
I thought you and Scott might want to kick my ass when we bumped into the Yamaha riders and they said they gave up and turned around on the rock climb.
Once I know you can handle that climb, then I do not worry so much about getting you far away from the truck and being over your head and getting hurt. A couple mods (lower gearing) and more seat time and you will handle most anything I can throw at you.
Hero sections next ride :brows:
If I EVER say I want to ride Shade Mtn, there's a $20 bill in it for anyone who smacks me with a bat and tells me to stay home. :eyes:

This sounds way too much like Taskers Gap... :foul:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
biffer99
DAMN Expert

Post by biffer99 »

Kyler wrote: If I EVER say I want to ride Shade Mtn, there's a $20 bill in it for anyone who smacks me with a bat and tells me to stay home. :eyes:

This sounds way too much like Taskers Gap... :foul:
Sounds like a challenge in itself.
Shade sounds like a good time. I look forward to getting up there and learning from the masters. Although, the Yamahas turning around isn't very reassuring as that's what I would be on. C'mon Ken...let's go check it out :amazon:
Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Kyler wrote:This sounds way too much like Taskers Gap... :foul:
Not only Rocky, but tight and twisty too. These are all bike only trails no quads, so they stay narrow. It was all prety much single track, at least what we rode. Challenging, but a fun place to ride.
Scott321

Post by Scott321 »

That was one great day out riding. Thanks Mike for the excellent tour of the area. Even just meeting you and Grady for the first time, I felt like I was riding with two old buddies. Quite impressive to see Grady jump on that new bike and ride that stuff. Wow what a way to get accustomed to a new ride. Mike you made that stuff look like childs play on that husky. Thanks for letting me take it for a spin. It feels purpose built for that terrain.

That was some pretty good riding. Thanks to Boom Boom and Grady for letting me tag along.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

To set the record straight I did stop at a "bail out" trail and offered an easy route out, but what fun would that be :poser:
To date everyone that has ridden with me has made the climb, not saying it is easy, just a way for me to get a feel of where we should go and stay away from.
I think Grady will be telling Santa he wants an auto clutch under the tree this winter :rayof:
Scott, great getting to ride with you.
Do not forget about us "east cost boyz" when you move to sunny motorcycle heaven. Have truck and trailer and always looking for a good road trip, get the local riding scouted out and how about having a west coast DAMN ride :brows: :cheers: :ride:
Ken, if you want to ride Shade I will take your $20 and smack you with a bat, then yor vision will be a bit off and it will just look like a groomed trail :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
mullethead774
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mullethead774 »

Aw c'mon Ken. Shades a piece of cake. :brows:
I wouldn't leave that $20 offer up there too long or you'll need a stack of them when you get there. See ya there?
Where'd the light go?
'05 YZ250
'02 KLR650
'01 Sprint RS
'02 CR80 #1 grandson's
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Once you do Taskers a few more times Ken, you will actually have some fun.

Then... You'll probably want to give something harder a try.
Remember how rocky you thought Greenridge was the first time you rode it?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:Once you do Taskers a few more times Ken, you will actually have some fun.

Then... You'll probably want to give something harder a try.
Remember how rocky you thought Greenridge was the first time you rode it?
yup - you are right. :fitz:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX »

Scott321 wrote:That was one great day out riding. Thanks Mike for the excellent tour of the area. Even just meeting you and Grady for the first time, I felt like I was riding with two old buddies. Quite impressive to see Grady jump on that new bike and ride that stuff. Wow what a way to get accustomed to a new ride. Mike you made that stuff look like childs play on that husky. Thanks for letting me take it for a spin. It feels purpose built for that terrain.

That was some pretty good riding. Thanks to Boom Boom and Grady for letting me tag along.
Oh boy...now that new Klim helmet is going to be too tight.... :harhar: :harhar: :harhar:
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale