I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shade Mtn or similar this weekend?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Shade Mtn or similar this weekend?

Post by Boom Boom »

Looks like 9 - 9:30ish should be about a good time to hook up at Shade parking lot.
Anyone wanting to join in and needs direction, just find McAlisterville Pa on the map and go north on 235 to the top of the mountain, parking area is on the right.
Good rocky single track with a few logs and hills thrown in just to keep it interesting. We can even dig up some "hero" stuff for anyone wanting to burn off todays gut stuffing.
Post up if you are comming so we know to look for you.
OldmanX - LiL X - Mullet are making the drive in from Somerset. Scott321 hope to see you again also.
Grady, gather up Ken and show him what he is missing. I hear there is $20 in it for you, just bring a bat along to help Ken with encuragement :beathorse:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

I'd love to join in, but I need to do some changes to the 510 before I punish myself again. I'll definatly be back someday soon. It's not much farther than Greenridge is from Baltimore, but the riding is so much better (If you like single track and don't mind some rocks). Free too, although I'm sure PATRA would apreciate a little donation.
OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX »

Boom Boom wrote:Looks like 9 - 9:30ish should be about a good time to hook up at Shade parking lot.
Anyone wanting to join in and needs direction, just find McAlisterville Pa on the map and go north on 235 to the top of the mountain, parking area is on the right.
Good rocky single track with a few logs and hills thrown in just to keep it interesting. We can even dig up some "hero" stuff for anyone wanting to burn off todays gut stuffing.
Post up if you are comming so we know to look for you.
OldmanX - LiL X - Mullet are making the drive in from Somerset. Scott321 hope to see you again also.
Grady, gather up Ken and show him what he is missing. I hear there is $20 in it for you, just bring a bat along to help Ken with encuragement :beathorse:
"LiL X" - now that made me laugh out loud!! Yep, look for the grey Ram pulling Mullet's "Pristows" trailer, with 3 blue bikes inside.
And please note: the above directions were generated and approved by MikeQuest...a top notch, free directional service :harhar: :harhar:
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale
Scott321

Post by Scott321 »

What day we talkin about? I'll be there. Chompin at the bit to ride there again.

Friday's weather lookin kinda crappy
OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX »

Scott321 wrote:What day we talkin about? I'll be there. Chompin at the bit to ride there again.

Friday's weather lookin kinda crappy

I believe that there might be guys riding both Friday and Sunday. The Somerset gang is stuck with doing Friday, regardless of the weather. Its too far of a drive for us to do on Sunday and then get my son back to school in Pgh. that evening. Hope to meet you there on Friday.
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale
Scott321

Post by Scott321 »

Unless there's a drastic change in the weather I'm going to have to pass on friday. I don't really want to spend the day in the rain.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Weather underground and acuweather both show a less than perfect day but does not look to be a rain out.
I am thinking the rain should add traction to those nasty dry leaves, should be just fine.
If you get cold, I can find some trails that will warm you up :brows:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Turned out to be a great day :rayof:
Just a trace of snow mid day.
Conditions were a bit slick and a couple dirt naps were had, but nothing of a serious nature.
5 of us owned the mountain, no other riders.
:ride:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
mullethead774
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mullethead774 »

I don't know if I "owned" the mountain today. Feels a little more like it "owned" me. :boohoo: Got a couple swelled toes & a small section of blue foot. I seemd to have been doing more than my usual share of corkscrewing myself into the ground. Even for me. Hell, I almost threw the DAMN bike down in the parking lot before we even got on the trail. :shrug: I don't think I hit the ground once the last time we were there. Thanks to Boom Boom, OldmanX, Lil' X & Tom for a DAMN fine day of riding. Til next trip....
Where'd the light go?
'05 YZ250
'02 KLR650
'01 Sprint RS
'02 CR80 #1 grandson's
OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX »

Kyler wrote:
Boom Boom wrote:Grady you done great.
I thought you and Scott might want to kick my ass when we bumped into the Yamaha riders and they said they gave up and turned around on the rock climb.
Once I know you can handle that climb, then I do not worry so much about getting you far away from the truck and being over your head and getting hurt. A couple mods (lower gearing) and more seat time and you will handle most anything I can throw at you.
Hero sections next ride :brows:
If I EVER say I want to ride Shade Mtn, there's a $20 bill in it for anyone who smacks me with a bat and tells me to stay home. :eyes:

This sounds way too much like Taskers Gap... :foul:
Hey Ken, here's what might happen if anyone decides they're going to take you up on the $20 offer and we catch wind of it. We're going to gang up on that individual and beat him down first. Then you'll have to ride Shade with us. :loveit: Thanks to Boom Boom for volunteering to be the symbolic beatee... :thumbup:
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale