I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

WTB: 17" wheel set for a KTM450EXC

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
restukey
DAMN Expert

Re: WTB: 17" wheel set for a KTM450EXC

Post by restukey »

The set came with the bike. I looked into getting a matching rear, but it was too expensive. The color is a custom color, Mitsubishi Orange, from Colors Inc. somwhere in Ohio. I think they wanted 225 to 275 to mix the color. Then the hubs would get powder coated black, so you're probably into it for at least $300 before you have to lace them up again. That assumes nothing goes wrong taking the spokes off? I bought a wheel and had it done up in black which was not too expensive.

Used sets of KTM wheels are going for around $675 to 800.

People use the different sized front wheel on the track to eliminate front wheel chatter. Chatter is caused by a variety of setup stuff. I don't think you would see chatter on the street. You just aren't approaching that sort of Hail Mary corner entrance and running slicks with low tire pressures. Sometimes the slicks stick too much and the corners have their little imperfections. The front does this skipping going through the corner.

Black wheel setup below. I like the looks better, but the quality of work on the orange wheel is outstanding.

Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Okay - when the $$$ arrives from selling the KLR, we need to talk - I don't need a high performance set - just a working set.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
21783mike
DAMN Expert

Post by 21783mike »

Mike B
08 HYM1100S
08 Raptor 250 SE
06 800SS
87 750 Paso
89 KLR650A
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

$629 - worth watching but still more expensive than buying the Warp 9 set which includes rotors and a sprocket.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Kyler wrote:where did you get the blingy set? I'd want to get a matching rear wheel. My KTM looks bad enough as is - don't need to insult is with different colored wheels :lol2:

and why is a 16.5 wheel better that a 17"?
Dood, Krylon and besides all real bikes have brown wheels. :deal:
Bruce