I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Snow Contest

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
restukey
DAMN Expert

Re: Snow Contest

Post by restukey »

mdubya wrote:Oakland, as of 2 PM.
You call that snow? You only got half a tire.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

For "official" DAMN entries (and a chance at the highly coveted DAMN Bumper Sticker), shovel a trench in your driveway, and take a picture of a tape measure next to the snow. No snow drifts!

I'll post mine as soon as it gets light enough to go get a pic.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
XRAnimal
DAMN Expert

Post by XRAnimal »

Got the snowblower out late afternoon. Filled it up with fuel then it proceeced to piss it self. :shrug: rotted fuel line, fixed that, pushed the primer, pissed fuel again. After sitting in the shed neglected for 2 years, what else should I have expected :shrug:

And yes, as I worked on it during a mini blizzard, I was kicking my ass for procrastinating & lack of attention to the machine. It's shot and I'll be shoveling.
XRAnimal
2003 XR400R (plated)
2012 Super Tenere
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

XRAnimal wrote:Got the snowblower out late afternoon. Filled it up with fuel then it proceeced to piss it self. :shrug: rotted fuel line, fixed that, pushed the primer, pissed fuel again. After sitting in the shed neglected for 2 years, what else should I have expected :shrug:

And yes, as I worked on it during a mini blizzard, I was kicking my ass for procrastinating & lack of attention to the machine. It's shot and I'll be shoveling.
f_ck it you got a new NT :thumbup:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I'm calling it 16" here. Some areas are deeper but this seems to be average

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

16 to 17" here in Bmore. I am waiting for the entry from my parents place in Cross Junction. Early reports are that they got over 24".

Kathy thought my attire was a little weird, I don't know why.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Lots of wind here on the east side of Baltimore made for many different depths of snow. In my back yard I have about 18-20" average, but in the front yard only about a 14" average. Out on the ice at the neighbors it's only about 4". I guess I'd say I have an average of about 16-17"

Back yard

Front yard

At least the dog loves it.

mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Grady, your dog has the look of pure joy on his/her face. :ride:

The snow has already started to melt and compact down out here. It is now wet and dense and down to about 12" where unmolested. It was knee deep as I was digging out last night. I measured to the bottom of my knee while standing and that is 17"-18", and doesn't account for how much snow was compressed under my boot. But, alas, I withdraw as I have no good proof.

I had my fun. :cheers:

Next time I see Ken, I need to buy a bumper sticker and make an additional contribution to our DAMN board!
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

everybody is in the 16-17 range - can no one beat that?
Ken
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Nice place Grady.......cool dog also.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr