I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Organized Dual Sport events – what’s it all about

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Roadracer_Al

Re: Organized Dual Sport events – what’s it all about

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I did my first organized DS ride in March last year.

The nights look a whole lot like the DAMN Reunions -- a buncha guys camping, sitting around campfires drinking & lying, generally having a good time.

The start time is flexible, and yes, you do want to let the fast guys go past first, but if you're real slow, you don't want to wait too long.

There's also the food aspect of it -- on this one, you got a big-ass BBQ plate at the end, which was awesome.

And, there's swag - usually sponsors will put in discount coupons & stickers in your registration package, and you typically get a T-Shirt out of the deal.

I think they're more fun if you ride with friends.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

And when you see some really cool part of the trail you have some one to turn to and say "hey, watch this". Then, later you have someone to laugh at you.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

Oh yeah, door prizes. I won 2 at the Meteor ride, and used one last night (bike cleaner). Originally won chain lube and grips. Sort of a gag gift if your only bike is a R1200GS - shaft driven with large heated grips.