I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2010 Dakar Rally and Supercross info info!

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
SoPaRider
DAMN n00b

2010 Dakar Rally and Supercross info info!

Post by SoPaRider »

I'm sure some of you know about the 2010 Dakar Rally (Ken!) being held in Argentina and Chile from January 1st through the 16th, if not here is where you can find info on it: www.dakar.com, U.S. and KTM 690 Rally rider Jonah Street's (#24) team site: www.rallypanam.com, from that site you can get a link to the TV schedule on www.versus.com and audio updates on www.rallyraido.net, there are also videos on YouTube.
One riders bike caught on fire before the start and a spectator was killed when a competitor lost control on the first day. Riders on KTM 690 Rally bikes usually win most of the rallies but this year they are required to run air restrictors, the organizers hope it will allow the 450's to be more competitive and so far David Casteu from France (#3) on a Sherco 450 Rally won Day 1 and David Fretigne (#12) from France on a Yamaha 450 WRF won day two and is leading overall.
The 2010 AMA/FIM Supercross season starts on Sunday the 9th of January, it will be televised live on Speed at 9:00 P.M. with a repeat telecast the folowing Sunday, you can also pay to hear an audio webcast of 16 of the 17 races (no Daytona) at www.supercrossonline.com for $6.99 per race or $39.99 for 16 races ($2.50 per race) and you can also keep track of lap by lap scoring at AMA @ The Wire Live Timing (http://206.168.146.114/), there is a link to the site at supercrossonline.

Jeff

2007 650 V-Strom
1996 DR350S
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: 2010 Dakar Rally and Supercross info info!

Post by Rut Row »

Who has time to read here when The Dakar is on! :loveit:

Best DAMN coverage is over on ADV. :bow:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

I take pleasure in seeing that at the end of Stage 2, there are 3 Aprilias ahead of the first BMW on the list. :ride: :rayof:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Holy Shit - Jonah Street has gone from 24th to 6th overall!

GO JONAH!!!!!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Heck yeah.

So, one really cool thing about being out here in the Peoples Republik of Kaliphornia is that I've briefly met two guys that are there now, and had an opportunity to go to a meet-n-greet featuring Jonah Street.

One guy was doing a fundraiser, and the other is the above-mentioned Mr. Street's mechanic, who works at Scuderia.

I've always enjoyed Dakar, but this year feels special because of those little brushes with people who are "doing it". Seems sort of silly and shallow, but it's real.
sallydog
DAMN Expert

Post by sallydog »

OCCR
DAMN
Just dip me in beer and toss me in the drunk chicks.

RIDING CALENDER = https://www.google.com/calendar/render? ... ssionid=OK
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

[youtubeurl][/youtubeurl]
Ken